Skincare low buy 2018: two month update

/
0 Comments

I wrote my makeup no buy update this morning so I thought I'd check back in now and write a quick update for my skincare low buy.

As you may know, I did no buys for both skincare and makeup during the first half of this year, and I switched to a low buy for skincare after my birthday month in June because by then I'd got my stores down enough that I wasn't overloaded anymore.

My skincare budget for each month is $100, which sounds like a lot until you remember that this doesn't get you very far in Australia!

Let's see what I bought during August.


* Image courtesy of adorebeauty.com.au

L'Occitane Aqua Gel Cleanser (RRP $32 AUD for 195ml)

While I need another cleanser like I need a hole in the head, what's missing from my stash is a plain, gentle, non-foaming cleanser without active ingredients - and this one has been on my list to try for ages.

It's apparently ideal for all skin types, and it should remove impurities, excess oil and makeup residue, leaving your skin feeling refreshed, hydrated and clean.

Since L'Occitane was on promotion recently at Adore Beauty - and since I also had a $20 gift card to spend - I went ahead and finally bit the bullet.

I just needed to add a second L'Occitane product to my cart to qualify for the free gift, and to also get me over the line for free shipping...
* Image courtesy of adorebeauty.com.au

L'Occitane Shea Cleansing Oil (RRP $32 AUD for 200ml)

This cleansing oil has been on my wishlist for years. I kept meaning to buy it, but then different brands were half-price at Priceline so I opted for other cleansing oils instead. 

But because I needed a plain cleanser, had my gift card and L'Occitane purchases came with a GWP if you bought two products, I finally went ahead and bought it.

It's described as a delicate, silky-textured cleansing oil that efficiently removes impurities and makeup (including waterproof makeup) in a single step. It should cleanse the skin without stripping it, leaving it looking fresh and radiant. 

Can't wait to use this! It's been a long time coming...


In sum

Well, with the gift card I only spent $43 on skincare this month: pretty good for me!

This means I have an extra $57 to add to next month's budget if I want to use it - and I do have a Goldfaden MD cream that I've been wanting to buy for ages (that costs $124), so perhaps next month will be the month : )

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com unless otherwise indicated


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.