Project Dent 2018: The Jaclyn Hill Palette, Morphe

/
0 Comments

I've decided to wind-up Project Dent for my Marc Jacobs palette today, even though I haven't yet used it for two weeks (more like 12 days). I'll do that post as soon as the sun comes out enough that I can take my progress shots.

I'm finishing things early because it's looking nicely used already and I did also review it over the denting period (swatches = extra progress), so I feel that my work is done there and I'm ready to move on to something else.

This Morphe Jaclyn Hill palette will be my replacement. Why? I haven't used it yet! This means I can just use the photos I originally took as my starting point for progress shots, and I also want to hurry up and stick a brush into it because I've been waiting to use it for almost two months now.


First up, note that I didn't buy this palette. It was given to me by a very dear friend, who accidentally ordered two of them. Apparently when they arrived, she decided to give the extra one to me because she knows I'm makeup obsessed. Lucky me!

I'm excited to use it: while it's not a palette I would have bought for myself because Morphe as a brand has never called to me and I also find large palettes like this a little overwhelming, I've heard so many good things about it that I'm really pleased to have it.

Sure, I'm unlikely to ever pan this thing - but if it works and contains everything I need in one palette, who cares?

There's the whole palette, direct sunlight:


Do note that I swatched all the shades for the first time last night, just to get an idea of texture and also of which colours I wanted to use first.

I'm happy to say that the quality feels good, and while of course swatches don't tell the full story, they can give you some idea of what the shadows are going to look like on the eye - at least in terms of colour.

There's the top left chunk of the palette:


And again, enhanced for clarity:


The right upper chunk of the palette (noting that the left column is repeated):


Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


The lower left chunk of the palette (noting that the top row is repeated):


Same shot, enhanced:


And the right lower section (noting that the top row is repeated):


That's a lot of shadows. Indeed, I'll likely let this round of Project Dent run a little longer than usual so I have an opportunity to use as much of the palette as possible (I may let it run for a whole month), although I do want to cycle through as many of my palettes as I can before the end of the year so I'll wind things up as soon as we're seeing some progress.

Note, though, that I don't know how much progress we'll see over the denting period, given that I have so many shadows to choose from and that I would like to stick my brush into all of them while I'm focusing on it. I'll also aim to review this palette towards the end of the denting period, so stay tuned for that if you're interested.

That's all from me. Can't wait to use this!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.