Can a beauty junkie go for a year without buying beauty products? Three months down!

/
0 Comments
Gosh, are we three months into my no-buy already?! That's a quarter of the way through - WAAAHHHOOOOO!

If you want to learn more about why I'm doing this and how I've been going, see my initial post hereone month post here and two month post here.

I have to say, while I haven't spent any money on beauty products over the past month, I kind of feel like it's been a 'cheat' month because we've of course just had Christmas and that meant I received some beauty stuff - even stuff I didn't ask for.

The one thing I did ask for was the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette, since I have one of the blushes already and also the Ambient Lighting Palette, and I'm completely in love with those. Note to self to review them soon.

I also got a (surprise) Mecca gift card, and used that to grab a couple of Stila items I'd had my eye on - and I'm lucky enough to have some $ left over for a rainy day. That rainy day might be arriving in March, when the Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palettes are apparently hitting our shores. My golly, have you seen those? They have to be some of the most beautiful makeup items I've ever seen.

Plus a few other little unasked-for beauty items turned up in my Santa sack (three Clarins samples) - so it's hardly been a beauty-starved month (!).

Yes, I've been very spoiled - unexpectedly so. No complaints there of course ; )

Still, in terms of general restraint - I suppose I did have to turn a blind eye to all those sales that started in November and then kept going. That certainly wasn't easy at the time (!). I've also had to close my eyes and delete plenty of eg Boxing Day/New Year clearance emails from my inbox - so I'm telling myself that I've been pretty virtuous. (Ha.)

This next month will be pretty beauty-dry - and I can't see that changing because I'm 36 weeks pregnant now and imagine that I'm going to be forgetting all about my beauty addiction in the near future. My final LHI box (I'm on an annual subscription) is due this month and the Memebox influx is officially over, so there's now just Violet Box for a while and two more editions of Marie Claire's The Parcel.

I'm actually kind of getting over subscription boxes to be honest (I've wound up with way too much stuff that I can't hope to get through), so I mightn't resubscribe even when my ban has lifted.

Nine months to go!

If anyone else is on a no-buy or low-buy, I'd love to hear about your progress : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.