Marie Claire's Ageless Parcel

/
1 Comments

When the email was sent around offering a discounted subscription to Marie Claire's new Ageless Parcel - which would contain only skincare and not makeup - I didn't have to think too long before deciding to subscribe.

I don't need any more beauty products in any shape or form, but I'm better off subscribing to a skincare-only box since skincare is my first love and I actually get through my products (as opposed to things like blush and eyeshadow, which last an eternity).

The decision was made when I saw that the box would contain something from Alpha-H - a brand I use and love - so the value of the box would most likely be made up for me based on one product alone, and indeed it has been.


There's what we got above. This is easily the best box I've ever received from Marie Claire and I'm so glad I signed up.

I'll use everything in it, and it also contains Alpha-H's Liquid Gold - an HG product of mine and one I keep repurchasing - so I've saved myself money in one sense since the cost of the box itself is less than the Alpha-H product. Woot woot!


There's the product card. You can see the box contains a good mix of products from different brands.

Happily the Alpha-H product is the only one I've tried before, so I've now got a bundle of fun new stuff to sample. Winning!


I'm pleased I'll get to try something from SK-II because I've always wished I could afford their stuff, although I would have preferred something that wasn't a sheet mask (sheet masks annoy the bejesus out of me and I keep receiving them in sub boxes - argh).

Still, I bet it's at the good end of the spectrum, as far as sheet masks go.



As always I'll comment briefly now on each product and then update this post once I've used everything and can review things properly.


Alpha-H Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid (RRP $30 AUD for 50ml; received full size)

The product card refers to this as an overnight facial and award-winning resurfacing treatment. It uses naturally derived glycolic acid, licorice extract and silk proteins to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, pigmentation and sun damage.

I can confirm that this product does exactly what it says it will do. I love it and can't live without it. I've reviewed it here.


Jergens Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Moisturiser (RRP $7.99 for 250ml; received full size)

This is apparently formulated for dull, dry skin and contains an illuminating blend of ingredients like African shea butter. It's fast-absorbing and aims to deeply condition and improve the skin's moisture barrier.

I received a Jergens product in another box from Marie Claire and I loved it so I'm looking forward to giving this a go.


Dr Lewinn's Multi Moisture Balm (RRP $9.95 for 50g; received 15g sample)

This is a decent-sized sample and it's a product that appeals to me because it's multi-purpose. According to the card, it contains a trio of nourishing and smoothing oils (almond, avocado and buriti), and it can be used anywhere, any time - as a daily moisture booster, hydrating mask, lip ointment, makeup remover and soothing hand cuticle cream.

That all sounds good! Hopefully I'll find a use that works for me.


The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil (RRP $54.95 for 30ml; received 7ml sample)

I have dry skin and am therefore a total oil junkie, so I'm super glad to see this. It's apparently a daily facial oil that revitalises skin and helps reduce the visible signs of ageing. Made from 99 per cent oils of natural origin, the lightweight formula effortlessly melts into skin and leaves a silky, non-sticky finish. You can use it alone or add it to your moisturiser.

That all sounds good. I'll likely open this one first since I'm short on night cream and this will make a good replacement.


SK-II Facial Treatment Mask (RRP $28 each; received one)

My golly, $28 for a single sheet mask - it had better be good!

According to the card, it's beloved by beauty insiders and celebrities alike, and is saturated in the brand's signature Pitera essence. It thoroughly hydrates skin, leaving it looking noticeably more radiant and crystal clear.

Even though I'm not big on sheet masks, I'll happily try this one. At $28 a pop, I hope I don't like it too much though ; )


Narciso Rodriguez Narciso EDT (RRP $88 for 30ml; received 4ml sample)

A lot of people don't like receiving perfume samples in boxes but I personally don't mind an odd one here and there - particularly if it's a larger size like this one is (they're normally around 1.5ml).

The card says this fragrance is from the master of minimalism and comes in an elegantly spare bottle. It contains a blend of white peony, Bulgarian rose, musk, woods, black and white cedars, and vetiver notes.

I've smelled it and it's fine - one of those inoffensive fragrances that most people would be ok with. I don't love it but I'll definitely use it. One for the handbag.


ProPlenish Marine Collagen (RRP $49.95 for 30 x 3g sachets; received two sachets)

Now this is a brand I haven't heard of. This stuff is apparently made from 100 per cent pure marine collagen. It's a supplement that's tasteless and blends clear in hot and cold drinks, and helps naturally replenish the collagen levels needed for a glowing complexion, healthy hair and strong nails.

I'm not sure how much benefit you'd see from using only two of these, but I'll try them and see how I go. It's a nice idea and I haven't used anything like this before so I'll be interested to see what they're like.

In sum

This is a great little box and it's definitely worth the $20 outlay - particularly because I would have spent at least that on repurchasing my trust Alpha-H Liquid Gold.

Can't wait to try everything! Let me know if you received this box and, if so, what you think of it.


You may also like

1 comment:

Aslam said...

beauty and care products Authentic Option LLC offers collection of natural herbal products for skincare, hair care, and weight loss. We specialize in thermal weight loss, electrostimulation for muscle toning, cellulite removal, under-eye bags treatment and skincare products. We have an amazing range of beard growing products.

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.