November 2015 favourites

/
0 Comments

I haven't been doing favourites posts for that long, but already I'm loving the process of choosing what products to talk about each month.

What surprises me is that my favourites do change on a regular basis, and while I have some core products that I'll keep returning to over and again, my preferences do change (particularly with the seasons) and I have things that I love more or less at any given time.

This month I didn't need to think too hard about which items to include since I have some clear winners in terms of what I'm reaching for most often.

These are the product I can't get enough of this month:


Mr Bean Coffee Scrub in Coconut

Full review here. I can't rave enough about this product - it hit HG status from the first use and I haven't got tired of it even though I've almost finished it off.

It's a dark scrub that isn't too grainy so it's not super harsh, and it can also be used on the face although I prefer it on my body. The smell is divine and it wakes me up whenever I use it.

I like it so much that I used an LHI discount code to pick up the Spring Eco Box, purely because I saw it contained this product. I've been using it heaps during November since it's getting warmer now so I want to keep my skin looking smooth and presentable. Love.


Organix (OGX) Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo and Conditioner

These are my new HG hair products, and I'm so glad I've finally found them. I've reviewed them here.

What I love about these is that they tame my dry, frizzy hair like no other shampoo/conditioner combo has done before. 

On top of that, they manage to do this without weighing my hair down or reducing the time between washes, which is a common problem with more nourishing haircare in my experience. Not with these.

I don't even need to straighten my hair or use bundles of leave-in product after using these since my hair looks ok as is. Unbelievable. I can see myself using these FOREVER.


Mario Badescu Glycolic Eye Cream

This is another recent HG product discovery and I'm super chuffed that it's not an expensive product since eye creams are notoriously pricey. Full review here.

What I love about this is that it's very rich and hydrating, so my dry eye area loves it. I only apply it at night because it is quite greasy and I don't think it would fare well under makeup, plus I want to ration it anyway and one daily use is enough.

If like me you're over 30 and your eye area needs some TLC, I recommend testing this product: it leaves my skin feeling so soft and hydrated that already I can't imagine ever being without it.


Lipsi Cosmetics Aphrodite Powder

Full review here. I don't use a lot of face powders since my skin is dry enough as it is, but this setting powder is amazing and it doesn't dry my skin out.

Now that it's getting warmer and I'm using heavier sunscreen, I do need something to manage grease and keep shine at bay throughout the day. This product does that, and it also reduces the look of my pores and fine lines. Incredible.

I received the sample from Violet Box and I'll have to get another one when this little tub is done and I've run out of my other powders (if that ever happens). Aside from Hourglass products, this is the best setting powder I've used and I recommend it - particularly if like me you have dry skin and have trouble finding suitable powders.

In sum

These products are sensational and I recommend them all. They're not only my November favourites, but I can see them being favourites forever - so you may well see them pop up again in favourites posts in future!


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.