November 2015 empties #1

/
0 Comments

It's pretty early in the month for an empties post, but I've been doing some (belated) spring cleaning this week and wanted to move as many items out of the house as possible - including empty containers.

What I've also been doing now that we've moved house is rediscovering old clothes as I've been unpacking them and putting them away. Some of those I've worn and decided need to be thrown out or donated, and others have quickly become clothes I'll wear and love again, so I kind of feel like I have a new wardrobe happening, which is nice.

Anyhoo. Empties! Let's have a look:


Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase

I've been through a few of these bottles before and I liked the product just as much this time around. Full review here. It's quite a heavy serum that's great for dry skin and it feels like it acts as a barrier from the elements as well. 

I preferred using it as an overnight treatment because I felt it interfered with my moisturiser's ability to penetrate, and it worked well for that purpose and left me with soft skin in the morning. Purchase? No (I have other serums I prefer).

Clarins Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Lotion

I've reviewed this here. This product once belonged to my sister and I can see why she didn't want it - it's pretty rubbish and I almost threw it in the bin but decided I might as well get through it in the interests of avoiding waste. Problem is, it doesn't remove tough eye makeup like mascara and it also irritates my eyes. Not ideal! Purchase? No.


Appelles Tamanu Conditioner & Blackseed Shampoo

I've used these before and didn't like them the first time or the second time around. I've reviewed them here. They're apparently designed for dry hair like mine, but the shampoo doesn't wash well at all and the conditioner doesn't have nearly enough punch for my hair. They do smell and look nice, but that's about it! Purchase? No.


Paula's Choice Resist Intensive Wrinkle Repair Retinol Serum

Full review here. I've received a couple of these products from subscription boxes and on both occasions I've liked the product but haven't loved it. It feels nice when applied (if a little oily) but I can feel it sitting on top of my skin, rather than sinking in. I also don't see any benefits from using it, other than that my skin feels a bit softer after application. Purchase? No.

Dr Brandt Flexitone BB Cream SPF 30

This was on my Project Pan list and I was glad to see the back of it so I could move on to using products I prefer. I've reviewed it here.

My issue with this product is that it's really inconsistent: sometimes it made my skin look very natural and even; sometimes it was really oily or matte and didn't sit well; and other times it was the wrong colour. You can't rely on products like that for everyday use, so I'm glad it's gone! Purchase? No.


Macro Lash Mascara

I got this as part of the Macro Lash Fibre & Mascara Kit (reviewed here), and while I don't love the kit as a whole because the fibres shed very easily, leaving fluff on my face, I do like the mascara alone. It's a great formula that stays put all day and the wand is easy to use on my hooded eyes. It also lengthens really well, which is what I need more than anything. Purchase? No, not for the price.

Cheek Room Two Colour Lip Gloss

Full review here. This was from Memebox and the idea of this product was quite ridiculous because it contained two separate shades that of course started to mix together and become an ugly mush as soon as you dipped the applicator in and out of the tube.

Having said this, the gloss itself was fine and I happily used the whole tube to keep my lips from feeling dry. It's not something I would buy but I wouldn't knock it back if I wound up with another one. Purchase? No.


Estée Lauder Beyond Paradise EDP

I've wound up with a few of these mini bottles over the years as GWPs, and it's a really beautiful fragrance. It's fresh and summery, and it lasts pretty well on the skin. I've never gone and bought it but it's one on my wishlist because I'm missing it now that I've finished it. Purchase? Maybe.

Estée Lauder Advanced Time Zone Age Reversing Line/Wrinkle Eye Creme

This was also part of a GWP and I didn't love it. Full review here. It's quite a rich cream and normally I like that because my skin is dry and I need heavier creams, but this one didn't do much for my eye area and I rushed through the sample at the end because my eye area was screaming out for something better. I quite liked the matching day cream I received, but this product didn't hit the mark for me. Purchase? No.


Happy Skincare Pig in Mud Mineral Mask

Full review here. There's nothing wrong with this mask, I just have masks I prefer and this one is a dry product that you have to mix with water each time you use it, which can be a messy exercise. 

I don't know how I do it, but I always manage to put the wrong amount of water in (whether too little or too much) and then have issues getting the right consistency. Plus I get it all over the bathroom whenever I use it. Not for me! Purchase? No.

In sum

This could well be the most unexciting pile of empties I've ever posted on and I don't think there's anything in this lot that I would buy. The best products in the bunch are the fragrance and the mascara, but I'm not sold on buying either of those.

Probably a good thing, looking at how much stuff I already own!

Have you finished many products lately?


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.