November 2015 empties #3

/
0 Comments

It's been a pretty big month of empties so I decided to split things up and divide them into three separate posts.

This is the third post of the month and I'm happy to see that I've made a good dent in my collection throughout November - so much so that I've even held a few products back for my December empties post. Huzzah!

Some of these products I've had for AGES and I'm glad that I've finished them off so I can move on to trying new things.


Allegra Rhodes Ocean Mist Body Wash

Full review here. I love Allegra Rhodes products and this one is no exception. It smells divine and I enjoyed using it for that reason alone. 

Nevertheless, this ended up being one of those products that took ages to finish - quite possibly because I received various travel-sized body scrubs and gels in subscription boxes and ended up using those first. Repurchase? Maybe, but for now I'd like to try something new.

Hair & Me Rejuvenation Treatment

I've received three of these now via subscription boxes, and unfortunately it's not a product I've had much luck with. Full review here.

Problem is, it's inconsistent so I'm never sure how my hair is going to look and feel after using it. Sometimes it made my hair dull and lifeless, sometimes greasy and coated, and sometimes it even left my hair feeling drier. Maybe it just doesn't agree with me: I've seen some people rave about this product so it mightn't mix well with my hair. Purchase? No.


Alpha-H Daily Essential Moisturiser SPF 30+

I love Alpha-H products and while there's nothing wrong with this moisturiser, I have other day creams I prefer. Full review here.

It's fine as a sunscreen but I don't love it as a face cream because it's greasy and doesn't brighten, plump and hydrate as other face creams do. It got used because sunscreen always does and it doesn't clog pores, but I wouldn't go out and buy it. Repurchase? No.

Madre Labs Unscented Hand Cream with Argan Nut Oil

Full review here. I received this product as a gift with purchase and I didn't love it. It's very thick and doesn't absorb properly (you have to rub at it), plus it does have a scent (and not a good one) so it's not named well.

I ended up using it as a body cream because I didn't love it on my hands, and I found it quite drying. This may well be because it contains alcohol, so be careful of this product if you have sensitive skin. Purchase? No.


Eslor Brightening Activator

Full review here. I absolutely love this product and I'm sad to finish it because it's my last one. It's a great brightener and it smells divine, plus the texture is smooth and velvety - I love almost everything about using it.

The only thing I don't love about it is that I can't always wear it over makeup: I discovered over time that it 'lifts' some bases and messes things up, so I can't use it all the time. Repurchase? Maybe, but I want to try other products before coming back to this one.

John Frieda Beach Blonde Smooth Seas Detangling Conditioner

I have the matching shampoo for this product and I prefer that over this conditioner since it doesn't have enough punch for my dry hair. I've reviewed it here.

We received the two travel-sized products from Marie Claire's The Parcel, and while the shampoo is something I'll consider buying because it's great for removing build-up, the conditioner isn't very hydrating and I need to use heaps of it to get my hair feeling close to nourished (which is why I've finished this long before the shampoo). Purchase? No.


The Cosmetic Kitchen Macadamia Wax Creme Highlighter

Full review here. This was on my Project Pan list so I won't say too much about it here because I've done that, other than to note that I loved it enough to pick up a second via a beauty swap group. It's a beautiful product and I'm glad I have a second. 'Nuff said. Purchase? Yes, if I ever get through the highlighters I have!

Clarins Relaxing Body Polisher with Essential Oils

I don't love this product as a body polish but I quite liked it as a hand and foot scrub. I've reviewed it here.

My issue with it (aside from the strong smell, which I didn't find pleasant or 'relaxing') is that the scrubby matter dissolved all too quickly, so it wasn't a great scrub and it didn't leave my skin feeling exfoliated and smooth. It did however do well as a hand and foot scrub since I need gentler products for those areas, so at least it got some use. Purchase? No.

Veda Lemongrass and Eucalyptus Body Lotion

I haven't reviewed this product yet because I've only been through this small travel-size, but I plan to in future because we poached a bunch of them from a hotel we stayed in and it's a surprisingly good product. I say 'surprising' because anything that's labelled as a lotion usually isn't hydrating enough for me, but this product is and I love it. Plus it smells beautiful. Can't wait to open my other samples and review it. Purchase? Maybe.

In sum

This isn't my greatest bunch of empties but as always I'm happy to get through a few things so I can open new ones! The best items in the bunch are those from Eslor and The Cosmetics Kitchen, and the others I can take or leave - apart from the Veda product, which I'm looking forward to testing again.

'Till next month!


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.