November is...Mario Badescu month!

/
0 Comments
I recently finished off my day cream and my HG Alpha-H Liquid Gold with glycolic acid, and I had the option to open a few Suki products I have on hand, move on to my next round of Alpha-H skincare, or open the Mario Badescu kit I've had sitting around for a while.

After much ummming and ahhhing, I opted to go for the Mario Badescu kit, since I'd recently opened the face spray and cleanser from the brand and I like using products from the same line when I can because they're often designed to work together. Plus the kit contains travel sizes so I'll get through those more quickly and therefore feel like I've made a dent in my skincare stores ; )

This is what I'll be looking at in November:


 Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater

This is described as a refreshing, hydrating mist to use anywhere, any time. It's designed to be a pick me up for dehydrated, tight and uncomfortable skin. You can also use it to set makeup or spray on dry hair throughout the day.

I read about this product so many times online that I just HAD to buy it. Plus it only costs $9! I've seen some reviewers say that it's better than the ever popular MAC Fix+ - another reason I had to get my hands on one.

I've been using it on and off for a couple of weeks now and I do like it, and in November I'll dedicate myself to using it more often (and I haven't tried it on my hair yet), so I'll let you know how I go.


Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

This is described as a non-foaming, gel cleanser that thoroughly removes the day's makeup, dirt and oil without drying the skin. It contains papaya extracts, which are exfoliating Alpha Hydroxy Acids that help break down dulling build-up, leaving skin fresh and healthy.

This product was recommended to me by a lass in Mecca Maxima, and since it only cost $16 for a huge bottle, I wasn't going to leave without one!

I've been using this too for a couple of weeks on and off, but in November I'll start using it daily and get a better feel for the product so I can review it. I already really like it, and suspect I'll like it more once I start using it more frequently and giving it a good test run.


Mario Badescu Anti-ageing Kit

This is a five step skincare regime that aims to actively reduce visible signs of ageing. It's designed for mature skin types and contains a cleanser, toner, moisturiser, face mask and sample eye cream in trial sizes and works to nourish, protect and soothe the skin. 

I went to Mecca Maxima to buy the Glycolic Acid Toner contained in this kit, which cost $24. When I saw that this kit contained the toner and cost $39, I thought I might as well buy the kit instead since it meant I could try more products and, if I didn't like the toner, I wouldn't be stuck with a full size to use up.

I opened this yesterday and I've only used the toner so far, but during November I'll introduce each item gradually so I can see what they're all doing both separately and together. Can't wait!

In sum

I always get super excited when I switch up my skincare routine, so I'm looking forward to giving these products a good go over the coming month.

I do have skincare products that work for me and that I keep coming back to, but it's nice to occasionally change things up and give your skin a break from the products you normally use.

Looking forward to reviewing these items soon! I've heard a lot of good stuff about Mario Badescu products, and you have to love that they're not expensive. 

Wuhoo!




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.