October 2015 empties #1

/
0 Comments

The amount of empties I'm getting through has definitely slowed down, and many of the products in this lot have been held over from previous months when I had too much stuff to roll into one or two empties posts.

I think the slowing down is mainly because I've had so many products open for so long that I've been able to pick a few things to finish off each month, but now I have a more normal amount of toiletries on the go and quite a few are full size for once, so they're in for the long haul.

Anyhoo. Let's have a look.


Coles Makeup Removal Pads

I wanted to include these here so I could comment on them: they ain't half bad. I normally head straight for the Swisspers section because experience has taught me that cheap makeup pads leave fluff on your face, but I bought these on a whim and they did the job well without disintegrating like some cheap products can. I'll keep my eye out for specials because makeup pads are expensive I reckon and I'm always looking for cheaper options. Repurchase? Yes.

Aromabliss Cranberry, Fig & Vanilla Hand and Body Lotion

Full review here. I didn't love this product because it wasn't rich enough for me, although I guess it's called a 'lotion' and you generally don't expect those to be super heavy. I've grown to love pump top bottles because they're easier to use, so I may well keep this container. My husband liked this product but I found that it wasn't hydrating enough, plus it left a film on my body that I didn't like. Purchase? No.

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo for Normal Hair

This is my husband's shampoo but I've been using it because I've been trialling different haircare products recently and some of the shampoos I've been using haven't done a great job of washing, so I've needed something to pick up their slack. This shampoo works well and smells nice, and even though it's for normal hair (mine's dry), I didn't feel that it stripped my hair and it was hydrating enough. I like it. Purchase? Maybe.


Sharashara Green Oasis Lifting Eye Cream

Full review here. This was a Memebox inclusion and I didn't mind it. The cream didn't feel particularly hydrating when I used it, but my eye area also didn't suffer from it: sometimes it can look more wrinkly when I use 'lesser' products, but it didn't with this. It wasn't nourishing enough for me though and I didn't notice any benefits from using the product (eg it didn't make my eye area brighter or more plumped). You might like this if you're in your 20s, but I need something with more punch. Purchase? No.

Tosowoong Syn-ake Whitening Mist

Another Memebox inclusion. Full review here. When the weather starts getting warmer, I go through face sprays like they're going out of fashion, so it's no surprise that I've finished this and am now on to my last spray (foo). This one's not very good unfortunately and I didn't notice any difference in my skin when I used it - it basically felt like spraying my face with water. Still, it got used so that's a plus. Purchase? No.


Maybelline Expert Eyes 100% Oil Free Makeup Remover

Full review here. This removed powder products ok, but it was rubbish at removing mascara and eyeliner. Not what you want from a remover that's designed for the eye area! In the end I used it on my whole face, just to get through it. While it was ok at removing makeup generally, I've used better products and this isn't one I'd use again. Purchase? No.

Toni & Guy Nourish Conditioner for Normal Hair

This travel sized conditioner was left in our shower by one of my husband's overseas relatives, so we thought we may as well use it. Even though it's for normal hair, it was hydrating enough for my dry hair and performed a lot better than many of the haircare products I've been testing recently - even those that are specifically designed for my hair. It's made me more interested in this brand so I may have to explore it more in future. Purchase? No, but I may try something designed for my hair.


Alpha-H Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid

This is one of my HG products and I always make sure I've got some on hand. Full review here. I always notice a huge difference in my skin when I start using this product after a break from it: it looks younger, brighter and less lined, plus it feels smoother and just looks healthier in general. If you've never tried this, I urge you to give it a crack. It's amazeballs. Repurchase? Already have!

Eslor Active Night Cream

Full review here. This cream is absolutely divine - it melts like butter into the skin and is great for those of us who need extra hydration. It's a little expensive but you only need the smallest amount each time because it spreads so well and feels so rich, so even this travel-sized tub lasted for months. I used it as my overnight product and always woke up to nourished skin. Love. Repurchase? Yes.


theBalm Time Balm Primer

This is one of the few silicone based, pore-plugging primers that I actually like. Full review here. It has a smoothing, mattifying effect so it worked well with the greasier bases I own because it managed any shine factor. It was on my Project Pan list because I wasn't getting through it (I have too many primers!) so I'm glad I've finished it and can move on to testing other things. The other good thing about it is that it's not the most expensive primer on the market and you can usually find it on special. Repurchase? Yes.

MOR Rosa Noir Hand & Body Milk

Full review here. This came with Marie Claire's The Parcel. I love MOR products and especially love the packaging, and while this cream wasn't terrible, I've used better products from the brand so I wouldn't choose this one. My issue with it is that it wasn't hydrating enough (it's called a 'milk', so that's expected) - it did nourish, just not enough for me. Plus the scent was quite heady and wasn't one I like smelling in the warmer months. Purchase? No.

In sum

The best products in this lot are definitely the Alpha-H and Eslor items, and an honourable mention goes to the Time Balm primer. 

I'm glad I've knocked off this empties post: we're moving house today so I can happily put the empty containers into the bin and have less to take with me!



You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.