September empties #3

/
0 Comments

Yes, that is correct. I am writing a THIRD empties post for the month of September. I've discovered that ten to twelve products per empties post is enough - otherwise the damn thing gets too long and even I get bored of it by the end so others must too!

I've finished so many things this month that I've happily been cleaning out my stores. Of course, not all these products are full-sized items (so I'm really not that wasteful ; ) ), but even the smaller items warrant a mention because enough product was in the samples for me to get a feel for them.


Talika Eye Dream, Bedtime Eye Mask

Full review here. Maybe the best thing about this product was the metal roller ball, which I loved running over my eye area at night because it was so soothing and I liked the ritual of it. I did notice a temporary brightening effect after it was applied, but it didn't add anything overall (other than my enjoyment of using it) and any effect was gone by morning. Repurchase? No.

Estée Lauder Modern Muse Le Rouge

This little sample perfume arrived in the Spring Edit of Marie Claire's The Parcel (reviewed here), and while I don't mind the occasional sample to test, I wasn't a fan of this one. It's far too heavy for me and I prefer lighter scents. The longevity was good though - and you can't say that about all perfumes so that's a plus. Purchase? No.



Royal Moroccan Hair Mask Treatment

I love this hair mask and I'm sad it's gone, but I'm also glad that it's finished because I'm more than ready to try something else. I've reviewed it here. My hair is dry and frizzy, and few products really deal with that well: either they're not heavy enough, or they're too heavy and leave my hair looking limp, greasy and lifeless. This one strikes exactly the right balance and it leaves my hair feeling soft and hydrated, and so much easier to manage. Repurchase? Yes.

Purederm Nose Pore Strips, Charcoal

Full review here. These strips are sensational, and they're one of the few things I received from Memebox that I really liked. They're easily the best nose strips I've used: they suck out blackheads brilliantly (yuck! ha) and leave your skin looking and feeling much cleaner. I notice the difference with only one use, and they make your skin look smooth and fresh. Happily they're readily available online (eg via Amazon and ebay), so they're on the list! Purchase? Yes.


Starlooks Satin Finish Lip Gloss in Cuddle

This was a Violet Box inclusion and I quite liked it (see my review here). It's one I would consider buying if it didn't cost $14 for such a small tube. It has a nice 'exotic vanilla' scent that's not overpowering or too sweet. The gloss itself has a great texture, and while it is a little sticky, it's sticky in a good way because it adheres well and lasts a lot longer than many other glosses I own. It's also moisturising and creamy, and adds a nice glistening effect. Purchase? No, due to the price.

Lancome Primordiale Optimum Yeux, Visibly Soothing Eye Treatment

This product has had some terrible reviews online, but I actually quite liked it. Lancome skincare has always agreed with my skin, and this product is no exception. Full review here. It's a gorgeously thick, white cream that feels rich and velvety on the eye. My skin loves it and a little goes a long way, so this little sample has lasted a lot longer than other samples might. It has an immediate brightening and plumping effect, plus it's cooling and soothing to use. Purchase? No - it's not available anymore!


Acqua di Parma Colonia Bath & Shower Gel

This product is fine, it's just expensive for a body wash and I personally don't think it's worth the price. Full review here. It foams nicely and lathers well, and it's quite a velvety gel that feels nice to the touch. I also think it does a good job in terms of washing away dirt and grime. The scent is quite strong and I don't love it - I smell slightly bitter citrus and woody musk - but it's not horrible and I can live with it. Purchase? No.

Pure Smile Jewelry Scrub, Amethyst

I've reviewed this here. This was a Memebox inclusion, and while it's gimicky (jewellery glitter scrub?!) and looks rather tacky, it's certainly not the worst scrub I've used. It contains a decent amount of scrubby matter and does the job well enough -plus it feels quite moisturising, like a hand scrub - but I much prefer other body scrubs so I'm happy to see the back of this one. Purchase? No.

Tarocco Cleansing Body Wash with Sicilian Blood Oranges

This was a Violet Box inclusion - full review here. It foams nicely and you only need to use a small amount each time. I use a blueberry-sized dollop on my shower puff and that's enough for my whole body. I like the orange scent and it cleanses well enough, but I don't think it's particularly hydrating as claimed. If anything it strips the skin a bit, and I notice a tight feeling in my hands especially after use. A good product but not great. Purchase? No.


Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser and Liquid Gold Rejuvenating Cream

I don't love the cleanser (full review here): don't get me wrong, there's nothing I really don't like about it - it's just that I don't think it's that great. It's a white cream with a light, fresh scent, and it feels nice and soothing on the skin. It does an ok job of removing makeup and grime, but I don't feel I can rely on this as my only cleanser, so I use it for a first cleanse and then use another product to really get the gunk off. Purchase? No.

As for the cream, this hit HG status from the first use and I can't imagine ever being without it. Full review here. Since introducing this cream into my skincare ritual, the change in my skin is nothing short of insane. After only a week of use I could feel and see the difference, and after a month of use the benefits were even more marked. It's made my skin look and feel healthier, smoother and more plumped, and it's softened my fine lines too. Plus my blemishes have cleared up and it's had an effect on skintone and age spots, and it acts as a light exfoliant too. Happily I have a back-up ready to be used! Repurchase? Yes, already have.

In sum

The Alpha-H Liquid Gold Rejuvenating Cream is hands-down the best product in this bunch, and I love the Royal Moroccan Hair Mask too. An honourable mention goes to the Purederm Nose Pore Strips, but the other products I can take or leave.

Looking forward to seeing what I finish in October!




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.