Five good things: June 2019

/
0 Comments

It's definitely time for my monthly positives post: I've been up all night, I'm freezing, my chilblains are killing me - plus we've all been sick to boot.

But let's forget all that and focus on the happy stuff this morning. It's called for!


I'm loving the home play-dates

In the warmer months we typically meet my kids' friends in the playground so they can run around and burn off exuberant steam - which is lovely of course, but then us mums are chasing two kids each in various directions so there's stress involved and we don't get much chance to sit down or chat.

Now that the weather is cold and often rainy, we're doing more home play-dates, which is much easier where us parents are concerned. We can chat, we can sit down and have a coffee, and we don't need to watch the kids too much because we all have child-proof houses without, you know, exposed power points and knives in bottom drawers. Hallelujah. 


It's my birthday on 30 June

While I've never been a big birthday person (I hate being the centre of attention), what I love to do is arrange various small lunches and dinners with friends and family - which is a lot more appealing to me than an annual birthday bash. Maybe I'm just getting old ; )

I'll be 39 this year so I've got one year left before I'm socially considered to be a geriatric (ha), and I'm looking forward to using the year ahead to expand my horizons and get my career back on track. Yes I've been working throughout having babies and toddlers and pre-schoolers, but next year my son will be joining my daughter at our local kindergarten - so I'll have more spare time to write, work and, you know, brush my hair. Can't wait.


New beauty products are coming

As you may know, I've been on skincare and makeup no buys since the beginning of December 2018, but I've opened things up for my birthday month and have made a couple of small purchases for myself - plus my husband and family were happy for me to make a few orders and hand them over to be given to me on my birthday (certainly makes present-choosing easier for them hehe). Yay!

Plus most of the new products coming my way in two weeks are sorely needed. My skincare stores are so low that I'm relying on sachets and minis for things like day cream and serums, so my birthday presents will fill some gaps.

On top of that, I have some birthday money left to buy new runners and pillows. They're sorely needed too. Happy days.


We've had decent rain lately

While the rain makes it harder for me to get the kids out to the playground etc, what's great about it is that our garden really needs it (so does everyone else's I suspect).

Our garden is already looking a lot happier for it, our rainwater tank is no longer running on empty, and I've stopped needing to haul buckets of rainwater and dispense them across the garden on a regular basis (not great for my back, given the amount of bending and lifting I already have to do with young kids).

The much-needed rain is also a reminder of climate change, and the reality of our impact on nature. We didn't get enough rain during autumn, and I've been watching our trees wither before my very eyes. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would say that. Hooray for rain.


This weekend is free

Our weekends have been so packed lately with kids' birthday parties, play-dates, catch-ups with our friends and the like, that it's nice to have a weekend ahead that's completely free.

This will hopefully mean I can finally get the remains of my tax spreadsheets sorted before the EOFY. I was on top of things up until a couple of weeks ago, but it's been so busy lately that I've fallen behind. Can't wait to get back on track this weekend and cross this tax rubbish off my list.

As for the rest of the admin list... Well. Let's not even go there ; )


In sum

That's all from me!

Hopefully you have plenty of your own positives this month: do let me know in the comments if so. I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.