June 2019 empties #1

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my first empties post for the month.

I'm hoping to get three empties posts in this month because I'm still overloaded with empties back-log, but of course that will depend on how much time I'll get for blogging in between now and the end of June.

In no particular order...


Nak Ultimate Treatment 60 Second Repair

Full review here. I love this product and it's one of the best hair masks I've tried. While I still do love my HG OGX mask (reviewed here), this one delivers similar results - and although the OGX mask works a little better, you only need to leave this Nak product on for one minute so it doesn't take as long to use. A huge plus!

What I love about this product is that it leaves my dry, frizzy hair super shiny, soft, manageable and hydrated. It also targets my frizz and helps with detangling too - and while it doesn't do these two things as successfully as my OGX mask, it still does enough that I notice a difference. A great product. Purchase? Yes.

Natio Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 in Beige

I really wanted to like this product and I do like Natio as a brand overall, but unfortunately this just didn't work for me. It didn't have enough coverage so I couldn't wear it as a base. I've reviewed it here.

Thankfully I was able to get through it by mixing some with my facial sunscreen every day in order to make that last longer, and it worked fine for that purpose because it didn't mess with the formula too much, plus it gave my skin a slight bronze glow beneath my foundation. Repurchase? No.


Andalou Lemon Sugar Facial Scrub

Full review here. This is not unlike a similar scrub by Suki Skincare, it's just that the Suki version is a lot better so in many ways that's tainted my experience of this product. Still, it was fine to use and I didn't struggle to get through it.

It smells like lemon and sugar, and there are less grains and more of the smooth 'carrier' product in this (as compared to the Suki), and I also think the grains are smaller. Plus there isn't as much scrubby matter as I would like, and while it was reasonably effective, I had to use a lot each time to get it to work for me. My main issue with the product is that it's too waxy, so it's difficult to wash off and I had to use it as my first cleanse so that my second cleanser could remove it. Repurchase? No.

Andalou CannaCell Glow Mask

I wanted to love this mask because I love Andalou as a brand, but unfortunately it doesn't do much for me so I wouldn't buy it for myself. I've reviewed it here.

In texture it's like a thick gel, but it thins out on application so you don't need to use too much each time. It feels cooling when applied, but it also starts to sting quite a bit so it won't be for everyone and I would be careful of this if you have sensitive skin.

While I'd hoped that the stinging meant it was working, when it comes to washing it off, I can barely notice any change in my skin. Perhaps it looks a little brighter and feels a little smoother, but honestly, I don't notice much difference and this means I can't recommend it because I don't think it's worth investing the time in face masks unless they're doing something. Purchase? No.


Weleda Lavender Creamy Body Wash

Full review here. Body washes are things that I don't normally notice using (I just want something that works), but I've really been enjoying this one from the moment I opened my first tube and I'm looking forward to trying another fragrance: I reckon the Pomegranate version has my name all over it.

It's a white, creamy gel product with a soothing lavender scent, and there's something buttery about the texture: it almost melts into the skin. Do note that the product doesn't foam, but it does lather a tiny bit (it's a rich, creamy kind of lather) and it doesn't strip my skin but instead leaves it feeling soft, gently clean and hydrated. It should suit those with sensitive skin who need something gentle that still does the job. Lovely. Purchase? Yes.

Andalou Naturals Age Defying Fruit Stem Cell Revitalise Serum

This product doesn't work for me at all and it's one of the most disappointing products I've tried this year. I've reviewed it here.

It's more of a thin cream or lotion in texture (I wouldn't all it a serum), and it just doesn't want to absorb. No matter how little I apply, I'm left with white streaks all over my face that won't rub in. It's bloody annoying, and I don't have time for all that - especially in the mornings when I'm rushing to get the kids organised. 

Plus it completely coats my skin so that my moisturiser can't penetrate through it, meaning it leaves my face feeling very dry and uncomfortable. It's also very sticky and I don't like the feel of it on my face. Disappointing. Repurchase? No.


Weleda Sea Buckthorn Hand Cream

Full review here. I didn't like this product at all. First, it's not hydrating enough for my dry skin so it doesn't ease the tightness in my hands or leave my skin feeling soft or comfortable. 

Second, it's unbelievably sticky (it's the stickiest product I've ever used) so I can't apply it during the day because I need to wash it off my palms if I want to use them - which I always do of course because, you know, hands get do used somewhat ; ) 

Third, it sits on top of the skin rather than sinking in delivering nourishment where I need it most. It's more of a barrier cream that I can only use overnight to seal in other products, which I don't need to do - so essentially it's performing no function for me personally and I'm glad it's finished. Disappointing. Purchase? No.

Verso Skincare Super Eye Serum

This product isn't awful but it hasn't done anything for me and it's not hydrating enough so I wouldn't buy it. I've reviewed it here.

It's a thin product and I find that I need to use more of this per application than I do regular eye creams because it's so thin that it vanishes very quickly into my skin. To start with I was using this twice-daily by itself as my only eye product, but I found that within three days, my eye area had dried out and become more wrinkly. It also felt more uncomfortable and I looked older (especially when I tried applying eyeshadow), so I had to introduce an eye cream over the top to manage that issue.

After two months' use, I've found that it hasn't done anything for me. It doesn't hydrate (and it's still drying out my eye area), plus I haven't noticed any of the kinds of benefits that you'd expect to experience when using a retinol. That is, it's done nothing for my fine lines or pigmentation like age spots. Not for me. Purchase? No.


Drunk Elephant A-Passioni Retinol Cream

This is described as a cutting-edge treatment that combines 1.0% vegan retinol with nourishing, superfood-rich ingredients to dramatically diminish the appearance of fine lines, deep wrinkles and sun damage. It should reveal a vibrant, younger-looking complexion, restore bounce and resilience, and help even out the skin's tone and texture.

The sample size was too small to see whether it did much, but I can say that it's one of the better retinols I've tried because it didn't make my skin look grey and ashen after one use (which so many of them do). Nevertheless I wouldn't buy it because I've found a retinol from The Ordinary that works for me so there's no point spending my money on this one. Purchase? No.

Drunk Elephant B Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum

This should quench parched skin in a flash. It's described as a super hydrating, anti-ageing serum for a plump, juicy complexion, and it claims to be ultra lightweight and rapidly absorbed.

This really didn't do much for me and I could tell that even from a small sample like this. I found it was more like a cream than a serum in texture, and I expected it to be super hydrating (given the name) but found that it was just ok. It also didn't nourish or plump up my skin as much as I expected, so it's not one I would buy. Purchase? No.

In sum

That's all from me. I'm glad I've managed to knock out my first round of empties for the month and I'm looking forward to posting a couple more rounds before month's end.

The best items in this lot were the Nak hair treatment and the Weleda body wash - everything else I wouldn't buy.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.