Fun new things to play with 2018 #4

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another one of my larger samples posts for 2018.

Yes I do have another one of these currently on foot (and I'm also testing a round of sachets at the moment), but I wanted to sneak in an extra lot before the end of the year to help get my numbers down before I do my next makeup and skincare inventories. Plus I love testing things, so I don't mind running with another one of these posts.

What I'll do now is introduce the products I'll be testing, and then later on I'll review anything that's large enough for an individual review before coming back and updating this post with mini reviews, just for anyone who's interested in any of the smaller samples.

Let's have a quick look.


La Roche-Posay Toleraine Sensitive

This is described as hydrating prebiotic care to help relieve skin from its sensitivity. It should hydrate, soothe and protect, and it's apparently ideal for sensitive skin with tightness, tingling, dryness and occasional redness.

I've had a lot of luck with La Roche-Posay as a brand so I'm looking forward to trying this. Sounds like it could be the right product to use eg after I've done an at-home chemical peel and need something soothing. Looking forward.

Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 PA++

This claims to control oil and shine for a soft, matte finish, and it's suitable for oily and combination skin types. It should immediately mattify and control oil for up to eight hours, and provide powerful UVA/UVB sun protection without blocking pores. 

This isn't designed for my dry skin but I do tend to get oily when it's really hot, so I plan to use this on the hotter days this summer when we're going to be outside. I'll be interested to see if it meets its claims.


Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4 in 1 Mascara

This is described as a 4-in-1 mascara for stunningly thick lashes. It claims to add drama to the eyes while lengthening, curling, adding volume and conditioning the lashes to make your eyes pop.

I've heard a lot about this mascara so I'm looking forward to trying it. I've often seen it show up in monthly favourites on YouTube, and I'm just about ready to open a new mascara so I can't wait to see how it goes.

Aspect Extreme B 17

This is described as a powerful night and day facial serum to rejuvenate and replenish your skin. It's boosted with five high-performance sea plants and a patented blend of Vitamin B Complex Polypeptides, and it should transform lacklustre complexions. Fine lines and wrinkles are reduced, redness is minimised, oil levels are rebalanced, and skin is left firmer, brighter and smoother.

I love a good serum so I'll be interested to see how I go with this. It's had some good reviews, although it's super expensive so I hope I don't like it that much!


Alpha-H Essential Hydration Cream

This should restore hydration to dry, dull and irritated skin. It's described as a high-performance day cream for the driest and most sensitive of complexions. Providing 24-hour hydration, it should revitalise dry and drab skin while locking in natural moisture for a plumper look and feel.

This is a great product - I've used it before (see review here). It's one of those plain moisturisers that does exactly what it should do, so it's a great one to pair with eg serums containing active ingredients. I'm looking forward to trying it again.

Goldfaden MD Vital Boost

This is apparently a supercharged daily moisturiser to correct the look of uneven skintone. It should improve skin elasticity and encourage a more youthful-looking complexion, while imparting hydration, antioxidants and radiance to the skin. The addition of hyaluronic acid retains skin's moisture levels while gooseberry extract leaves the complexion looking dewy, radiant and flawless.

Goldfaden MD is one of those brands that I want to try more from so I was pleased to see this product show up in a recent Mecca Beauty Loop box. Fingers crossed that it works for me.


La Mav Firming Eye Lotion

With its light yet nourishing formula, this should rejuvenate the skin around the eyes to give you an instantly more awake and fresh appearance. It claims to strengthen the skin naturally, and revitalise and renew the eye contour. It also claims to leave skin visibly lifted and toned, hydrate the delicate eye area, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and help reduce dark circles and under-eye puffiness.

I'm always up for trying another eye cream so I'm looking forward to using this one. I haven't tried much from La Mav, but in my experience, it's a bit hit-and-miss. We'll see.

Amorepacific Vintage Single Extra Essence

This is apparently a prebiotic anti-ageing essence that's designed to smooth texture and promote a clearer, more even and toned complexion. It contains Amorepacific’s Single Extract Formula, which is made by fermenting green tea, handpicked from its very own plantation on Jeju Island. This complex essence will rejuvenate the skin’s clarity, texture and tone while helping skin to absorb serums and moisturisers more effectively.

I love a good essence so I'm looking forward to trying this. It retails for a whopping $224 for the full-size so I would never buy it, but I am looking forward to seeing what it's like.


Dr Lewinn's Private Formula Vitamin Infused Micellar Cleansing Wipes 25pk

These are described as luxuriously soft facial cleansing wipes infused with vitamins a, b, c and e to gently cleanse makeup and impurities, leaving skin feeling refreshed, nourished and soft to the touch. They're non drying and they should give skin a vital nourishment boost and help with radiance. 

I'm not a huge fan of makeup wipes (I prefer my cleansing oil or micellar water) but I'm happy enough to try these and see how they go.

SunSense Sensitive Invisible SPF 50+

This was apparently specially designed for sensitive skin, and it should provide SPF 50+ broad spectrum protection and help defend against sunburn and premature skin ageing. It claims to have a lightweight feel and dry clear, making it ideal for the face or body. It's also suitable for babies.

I'm always up for trying new sunscreens so I'll be interested to try this. Hopefully it's one I can use around the eyes without irritation, which is something I look for in sunscreens.

In sum

I'm looking forward to trying all these samples and getting through as many as I can before my next inventory posts. 

Do note that I took these photos a couple of weeks ago and it's taken me a while to get this post up, so I've actually started using many of these items and I've already finished a few of them. Just so you know!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.