Makeup no buy 2019: one month update

/
0 Comments

Well, exactly one month has passed since I kicked off my 2019 makeup no buy (see intro post here), so I thought I would check in with a quick update post.

Happily I haven't bought anything this month, and while I'm allowed to make essential purchases under my no buy 'rules' (ie, if I've run out of mascara and have no back-ups, I can buy one), I haven't run out of any essentials this month so there's nothing to report on that front. Hip hip hooray.


Do note, though, that I received a few things for Christmas - and I'll mention those now so you know what's come into my collection.

Here's what I received:

  • a mini Benefit Roller Lash Mascara (I've always wanted to try that!)
  • a YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick (I've always wanted to try one of those too)
  • a replacement Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation (thank golly: I've been missing mine since I finished it)
  • an Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder (can't wait to try it!)
  • a Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Eye Primer (I'm going to need another eye primer before my spending ban lifts because the one I'm using is on the way out)
  • a Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter (I want to see if anything can beat Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfectors)

I'm excited! And of course, no one magically chose these items for me: I asked for them. But I didn't go nuts with the whole 'please buy me makeup NOW' thing - and all things considered, I reckon asking for only six items is rather restrained. Well. At least in my case ; )


That's all from me.

It's been an easy first month of my 2019 no buy because I knew I was receiving stuff for Christmas so I didn't even think about buying makeup during December, and the challenge will be to keep at it when I know there's nothing coming in from now on.

I reckon I can do it. I'm determined : )

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.