Happy New Year 2019

/
0 Comments

Hello and Happy New Year!

I wanted to jump online quickly today and wish everyone a good, healthy and safe year ahead. While I know that 2018 has been a decent year for many, I also know that it has been a crap one for many too - and I know plenty of people who are more than happy to draw a line under 2018 and move on.

Whichever camp you fall into, here's to hoping that 2019 brings new adventures, new light and also new growth. May it be a year of rising for all.


In our case, it's been an ok year but certainly a year of treading water more than moving forward. I've had some disaster years in the past and this definitely wasn't one of those (thank golly), but I've also had much better and easier years than this one so I'm looking forward to seeing what 2019 brings.

In many ways 2018 been a year of transition in this house: the kids are getting older and my son has been a lot more active this year so we've constantly been adjusting to that, and my husband and I have been going through some transitions ourselves and also as a couple. While I do like transition periods, it's been hard to juggle so many at once and I'm looking forward to seeing some areas at least settle down in the months ahead.


In other news, I'm not sure how much blogging I'll be getting done over the next fortnight because we have a lot on and a lot of people to see in a short space of time. Yes that's a good thing, but it's also tiring and I'll be glad when things quieten down so I can face the year head-on.

In any event, I don't mind pulling back on the blog writing for a little while: I'm not panning at the moment and it's nice to put the computer away more often and get outside while the sun's out. Kinder is also closed for four weeks over the festive period each year, so we'll have one at home permanently for a couple more weeks and that will present its own challenges and adventures.


That's all from me.

Happy 2019 everyone. I hope we can all face the New Year with fresh eyes and an enlivened determination to do our best for ourselves, the people around us and also the planet. Let's enjoy the blessings we have and work with what's before us in the months ahead.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.