Sachet city: December 2018

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my final sachet post for the year.

While I had planned to get some swatches and first impressions up of the above Nars foundation before I wrote this post, I actually have sixteen shades to photograph and the foundation doesn't work that well for me so I'm not sure how I'll go with that. I may well end up putting it into the too-hard basket. We'll see.

For now, let's have a quick look at these sachets.


Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil

This apparently contains ultra-nourishing, moisture-replenishing botanical oils that melt away dirt, makeup and impurities while leaving skin super smooth and touchably soft.

As a cleansing oil this was fine. It was quite thick and it didn't have a scent, and it felt nice and rich on my skin. Yes it melted away my makeup but it did take some work to remove, and while it was one of those products that felt super luxurious on my skin, I'm not sure it's worth the $70 AUD outlay. I've used better cleansing oils for around the $40 mark so I'll be sticking with those.

Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleansing Oil

This is described as a super mild cleansing oil that should cleanse effortlessly, leaving skin feeling refreshed, balanced and supple.

This one had a strong scent (albeit a natural one) so it won't be for you if you don't like facial products that smell this much. I think it worked well and it was thinner than the Tatcha oil so I found it easier to remove, and it left my skin feeling soft and clean after use. Still, it didn't work any better than the Jurlique cleansing oil I'm currently using - which is cheaper and doesn't smell as strong - so I wouldn't buy this Aesop one.


Goldfaden MD Bright Eyes

This apparently works to reduce the look of dark circles, puffiness and fine lines. It should help ensure that the eye area appears luminous and more youthful looking.

This is one of Goldfaden's star products and I wasn't sure what to expect because I tend not to have much luck with eye creams (most of them don't do what they say they will). Note that this one hasn't done anything for dark circles or puffiness (I'm yet to find one that does) but it has done something for my fine lines because it plumps and hydrates my eye area - at least temporarily - so it doesn't look as dry. I do have a full-sized bottle of this in back-up so expect a review down the track.

Diptyque Do Son EDT

This is described as a fresh white floral fragrance that captures the intoxicating scent of the tuberose blooming on a hot summer night.

I do like this fragrance, although it's a little too floral and sweet for me so it's not one I would buy. It reminds me of Dior's J'Adore, which I've never owned but which my sister used to wear so it smells familiar. What I like about the fragrance is that it's very strong so you don't need much per application, and it also lasts well so I don't need to reapply it. This makes it good value, and I don't think you'd get through a bottle very quickly.


Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Groenland

Full review here. I've always loved this tinted moisturiser so I was more than happy to receive three samples of it, especially because Groenland is my closest colour match (although I need to darken it because I'm between Groenland and St Moritz).

What I love is that it has a good amount of coverage for a tinted moisturiser so I can build it and use it more like a foundation for events, or otherwise apply a lighter layer for day-use. I love that it looks natural on the skin and has a slightly radiant finish that's not too much. I wouldn't buy it again because I own products that work better for me, but I still enjoy this and always have.

Nars Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation

This is described as a full-coverage, oil-free foundation that provides 16 hours of lightweight and fade-resistant wear for an all day radiant and smooth complexion.

I only used this once and I didn't like it so I probably won't use it again. It was harder to blend than I expected and it looked and felt a little paint-like on my skin. It does have a decent amount of coverage (too much for me, even when sheered out) so it's not the kind of product I would normally wear. Yes it looked good once I finally got it to blend and I think it looked reasonably natural, but I could still see it on my skin so it's not the right foundation for me. At least it wore well in the heat.


Glasshouse Montego Bay Coconut & Lime Hand Creme

This is made with nourishing argan oil, shea butter and macadamia oil, and it's described as a delightfully rich, non-greasy hand creme that will leave the skin silky smooth and beautifully fragrant.

I think the product itself is nice, and it nourishes my hands well without leaving a greasy residue. Indeed, it's one of those rare hand creams that's moisturising enough for overnight but also light enough for day use. I don't like this fragrance at all, though. I love coconut and I love lime, but this is unexpectedly sweet, artificial-smelling and potent, and I don't enjoy using it for that reason. I would absolutely try one of the other fragrances though.

Aesop Lucent Facial Concentrate

This is a lightweight serum to soothe, replenish and balance the skin. It's apparently rich in vitamins to delicately defend the skin from daily external aggressors.

I really liked this serum and it felt like it contained active ingredients because it tingled my skin a little on application and felt like it had a resurfacing effect. It made my skin look brighter and feel smoother, and it's certainly one that I would consider buying if it didn't cost $120 AUD for the full size (it's good but not that good). Still, if you like Aesop then I would recommend this serum: it's probably the best sample that I've tried from the brand to date, and I've tried quite a few sachets from these guys in my time.

In sum

Overall this was an ok round of sachets but it hasn't put anything straight onto my wishlist. The best items in this lot were the Aesop serum and the Goldfaden eye cream - everything else I can take or leave.

Do let me know in the comments if you've tried anything amazing recently: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.