Project Dent 2018 update: Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette #2

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Project Dent update post!

As you may remember, when I introduced this palette to Project Dent, I planned to keep using it until I hit pan on at least two shades, even if that meant using it for longer than my usual two weeks.

I'm pleased to report that my two weeks is up and I've already hit pan on two shades, so I'm calling it a day and moving on to something else.


If you're interested in seeing my Project Dent intro post for this product, it's here.

And I've reviewed this palette here if you'd like to see that.

Essentially I do really like it but I prefer my Marc Jacobs and Kevyn Aucoin eyeshadows because those last better on me. While these ABH ones blend and apply well, I find that my eyeshadow fades very quickly and often merges together soon after application - and although I prefer a diffused eye look, I don't want one that doesn't hold its shape at all. Still, I love the colours in this one and I enjoy using it.


Now for progress shots.

Here's the left chunk, as it was two weeks ago:


Today: 


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago:


Today:


As you can see, I've now hit pan in Primavera, which I was expecting to do because it had a reasonable dent in it when I started using this palette again.

You should also be able to see some movement in the other five shadows in this section of the palette, especially Tempera and Golden Ochre, which would likely be showing pan if I'd been using a smaller brush in them - but since I use larger brushes in those two shades, we're seeing a wider dip that covers a higher surface area than the one I have in Primavera.

The middle chunk, as it was two weeks ago (noting that the first two shades are repeated):


Today:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago: 


Today:


So I've hit pan in Buon Fresco too, which was the other shade I was expecting to see pan in first.

Unfortunately there's not a huge amount of movement in the other three shades, although I have used Antique Bronze quite a few times as a lid colour, and I think we can see signs of that here.

The right chunk, as it was two weeks ago (noting that the first two shades are repeated):


And today:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago:


Today:


So I haven't hit pan in any shade on this side of the palette, although I'm pretty close now with Warm Taupe and I expect that to be the next shadow that shows pan.

You should also be able to see that Love Letter has had a small workout, and while there's not much happening in Realgar or Cyrus Umber, at least we can see that I've stuck a brush into them.

Overall this has been a good round of Project Dent and I'm glad that I've finally reviewed this palette now and also managed to hit pan in a couple of shades. My aim with this palette from now on will be to hit pan in at least one and perhaps even two shades every time I dent it going forward, and I may well look at panning it down the track because it's not essential to my collection.

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.