How long does it take to finish: an eyeshadow?

/
0 Comments

I ummmed and ahhhed about whether or not to do this post - I mean, who wants to commit to using the same eyeshadow EVERY DAY - but in the end I decided I would.

The reason being, this little eyeshadow also doubles as a highlighter, so I don't have to use it the same way all the time - meaning I'm less likely to get thoroughly bored of it.

Also, I LOVE this product (it's an HG product of mine - I've reviewed it here) and I managed to grab a back-up via Violet Box's build-a-box, so I can happily enjoy using it every day and know that I have another one in store.


I also chose this product because it's sheer, so I'll have more chance of getting through it and won't be tearing my hair out as the months pass and there's barely a dent in it.

I learned via Project Pan that dark/pigmented shadows last for centuries (I'm talking about the ModelCo eyeshadow that's been on my list all year and has barely a dent in it), so they don't make good test products for this reason.

Similarly, very pale shadows that need to be packed on to achieve colour would last a lot less than normal shadows, so I picked this because it's somewhere in between.


A few things to note:
  • Just touching on what I said above, I've picked this product because it's somewhere in the middle in terms of how much I use on each application, so if your shadow is dark/pigmented then it will last longer, and if your shadow is super pale and you need to use heaps of it, it won't last as long.
  • I don't use a lot of eyeshadow because I have hooded eyes (and too much can make them look worse/more puffy), so if you're able to pack on shadow without looking terrible, your shadows probably won't last as long as this one does.
  • I will use this once a day, whether as an inner corner/lashline highlight, a browbone and/or cheekbone highlight, or to highlight my collarbones. I will try to use the same amount each time, as I would use a normal shadow.
  • This pan contains 1.6g of product, so you will need to adapt the results depending on the size of the shadows you own.
  • I had already tested this for a week prior to using it again this morning, so we can add that week to the final total.

That's it! How long do you reckon it will last? Maybe a year? I honestly have no idea how long eyeshadows last, so I'm glad I've decided to do this. What I'll do is check back in occasionally with updates so you can see how much is gone as the months pass. I'll also pop this on my Project Pan list once I've finished something else off, since it's going to get used every day anyway.

Verdict

Well, this eyeshadow ended up lasting me 18 months of daily use. That's a lot for a single eyeshadow that wasn't super pigmented to start with - and one that I could use on my face as a highlighter as well.

My apologies that I don't have a photo showing you the final product: I did once, but I must have managed to delete it so I can't find it.

Now that I've been a panner for years now (both through Project Pan and, later, Pan that Palette), I can say that an eyeshadow will last anything from four months to two years, depending on how much you have to start with (eg 1g or 2g or more), how pigmented it is, and whether you can only use it on the eyes or whether it's the kind of colour you can use for something else (eg as a blush or a contour).

That's a long time...


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.