September 2015 empties #1

/
0 Comments

Well, my little girl has been sleeping for over an hour this morning - something she so rarely does - so I figured I might as well start another post. Knowing her, she'll wake now that I've actually sat down to do something, but at least I can sneak in a few words while the going's good!

I think I mentioned in last month's empties post that I was expecting September to be a big month for empties, and indeed it has been. That's why I'm doing my first empties post so early in the month: I'd already accrued too many products for one post, so I've had to pick these ones out and hold some empty tubes aside.

Let's have a look!


Glamourflage Saucy Sue Shower Cap

Full review here. I absolutely loved using this shower cap: it's the first fancy shower cap I've ever owned and I wouldn't have thought it would make a difference to the experience of having a shower, but somehow it did.

I wouldn't buy it however, because it stretched all too quickly and became unusable. I would have expected it to grow mould before stretching, but the elasticity factor died all too fast. Purchase? No.

RPR My Hydrating Conditioner

I haven't reviewed this one because I only used the last third of it - it was a hand-me-down from my parents since it wasn't getting used. I have to say, I really liked it. Perhaps not enough to buy it, but my dry hair certainly loved it and it was a lot better than some other hair products I'd been using. I wouldn't knock back another hand-me-down, that's for sure. Purchase? Maybe.

Urban Skincare Co Awaken Hair Wash

Full review here. This is a terrible product and I'm so glad I've finished it. Honestly, it's one of the worst shampoos I've ever used - probably the worst - and I ended up using it as a body wash, just to get rid of it. My issue with this one is that it just didn't wash properly. I had to do three hair washes with this each time I used it, and even then it still didn't clean my hair properly. Foo! Repurchase? No.


theBalm Shelter Tinted Moisturiser in Medium and Light/Medium

I've only pictured one of the tubes here but I've managed to finish both of them as part of Project Pan. I've already talked about this product a lot so it's enough to say that there's a reason this tint frequently appears in top ten lists: it's awesome. Repurchase? Yes, if I ever run out of base products.

Tocca Hand Cream in Florence

Full review here. This is a beautiful hand cream and the scent is just divine - I would buy it for the smell alone! It's a nice cream too: silky and smooth and readily absorbed. On top of that, it's well-priced - I got three of these babies for the grand price of $22 at Mecca. Bargain! Repurchase? Absolutely.



Vivito Dessin Solution Lip & Eye Makeup Remover

Full review here. This is an ok makeup remover but nothing to write home about. It's pretty oily and it left grease on my face whenever I used it, so I tended to only use it at night before jumping under the shower since it meant I needed to do an extra good cleanse to get rid of the grease. As a makeup remover it was pretty good - it just didn't remove mascara (few removers do, in my experience). Repurchase? No.

Urban Bloom by Camille Beckman Body Butter, Wild Plum & Peony

Full review here. This body butter is heavenly - super thick and rich - and I'm sad I've finished it. I was rationing it to make it last, but in the end I just wanted to keep using it so I finished it all too quickly. It may not be for everyone because it is quite heavy and hydrating, but my dry skin loved it. It's so thick that you need to warm it in your hands before rubbing it in (otherwise it doesn't spread/absorb well), but it's a dream to use. Repurchase? Maybe.


Benefit High Beam

This was a Project Pan product so I won't say too much about it again, but it is a decent illuminator and it was one I enjoyed using. I don't love it however and I have other highlighters I prefer, so I wouldn't buy it again. It's too full-on for me and I prefer something in a golden colour. Repurchase? No.

Eslor Firming Collagen Day Cream

Full review here. I love this day cream and while I'm sad to see the back of it because it's the last one I had in stock, I'm also glad to be moving on to something new. What I love about this is that it's beautifully hydrating and plumping without being greasy. It's a great day cream to wear under makeup and it's one of the better creams I've tried from Eslor. I do hope Eslor becomes more popular as time passes because the brand really does have some great products. Repurchase? Maybe.

Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Some Beach

This is a gorgeous, warm coral colour and it's the perfect shade for the warmer months. I've reviewed it here. I liked the colour so much that I picked up a second one via a Facebook beauty swap group, and while I love it for the colour, the crayon itself is quite drying and not one I would buy. I'll have to see if I can find something in this colour from another brand, because I will miss the shade. Purchase? No.

In sum

I'm so glad that I'm finally done with those tinted moisturisers from theBalm! While I love them, I was definitely ready to move on to something else. The best products in this lot are those two tinted moisturisers, the Tocca hand cream, the Camille Beckman body butter, and the Eslor cream.

I'll check back in soon with more empties - it's going to be a big month!




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.