Sachet city: samples used in September 2015

/
0 Comments

I'd started accruing sachets again so it was definitely time for another one of these posts.

I didn't want to interfere with my current skincare routine, however, so I made sure to pick things that I could slot in briefly without changing my basic routine, and it's also taken me over a fortnight to trial everything because I introduced one item at a time.

It wasn't a great bundle of sachets this month, but I did find a couple of things I loved that I hadn't tried before.


Garnier Fructis Full & Luscious Shampoo & Conditioner

I could tell as soon as I used these products in the shower that my hair didn't like them. The shampoo seemed to strip it and the conditioner did nothing in terms of hydration.

Now that my hair is dry, I can confirm these things: my hair feels dry, frizzy, stripped and in need of TLC. Needless to say, I won't be using these again. I've had to put heaps of oil on my hair to deliver some much-needed replenishment after using these sachets. Argh.


Goldfaden MD Doctor's Scrub

This is a ruby crystal microderm exfoliator that removes dead skin cells to reveal brighter skin. You can apparently use it more than regular exfoliators - at least two/three times per week - but I found it was way too harsh for me so I can use it once a week at most.

On the first use I felt it was quite scratchy and it left my skin feeling stripped and red raw. After that I was a lot more careful with it, adding water to it and only rubbing very gently. It felt better on subsequent uses and it did leave my skin feeling super smooth, but it's too full-on for me and not something I would buy.

Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face Superscreen SPF 50

My most-trusted Mecca staff member gave me this sample and recommended it for use under makeup, and I did really like it. It's an amped-up version of the best-selling Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face 30+, and is described as a lightweight, non-greasy, ultra hydrating formula that works well as a primer under makeup. I did really like this and I think those claims are true - it doesn't feel heavy like some sunscreens can and it didn't seem to clog pores. It's one I may buy in future.


Kate Somerville HydraClear Hydrating Acne Gel

OMG I love this! It's the most amazing gel I've tried - it's so rich, velvety and hydrating, even though it's so light. Argh. Why does it have to cost $86?!

It's apparently a lightweight, multipurpose acne treatment and moisturiser that tackles breakouts, soothes irritation and controls oil. I can't say whether it helps with breakouts because the sample isn't big enough for any real work to happen there, but it's definitely moisturising and it does soothe irritation. I'll have to sample this again - it's divine.

Kate Somerville Quench Oil-free Hydrating Face Serum

This is apparently designed to pull moisture in deep and lock it in, while helping to balance sebum production. It's a light serum that feels gorgeous on the skin, and it absorbs and spreads well. It doesn't feel that hydrating however, so I definitely need to apply a moisturiser over the top.

This product and the one above (I already loved ExfoliKate, below) have made me more interested in the Kate Somerville brand and I'll have to try some of the other products that are more geared towards my skin (which is normal/dry).

Then again, maybe I should steer clear of it - it ain't cheap ; )

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate

I've reviewed sachets of this before and I absolutely love it - so much so that I finally cracked and bought the travel-sized tube in Mecca Maxima. It's an exfoliating treatment that does a great job of resurfacing the skin without being too harsh. I really see the difference in my face when I've used this, and I can see myself buying it again and again - although I'll definitely be rationing my little tube, since it is pricey!

Love. If you haven't tried this, I urge you to pick up a sample.


Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream

This is a beautiful cream and it reminds me of Eslor's Collagen Day Cream, which I finished last month. It's wonderfully hydrating and plumping, and it definitely has a smoothing effect so the cream is well-named.

The hydration lasts nicely through the day and overnight, so you get bang for your buck with this product. For this reason it makes a great base for makeup, and I apply less of my BB cream when I use this because my skin is so smooth. It's on the list of potential purchases!

Aesop Anti Blemish Mask

This mask feels beautiful on the face, I just don't like the smell - and when plenty of decent masks exist on the market, you can afford to turn something away because you don't like its scent.

I also found that this mask left my skin feeling super dry and thirsty, and it sucked up a ridiculous amount of my (rather expensive) serum after I used it: that's how dry it was. This definitely isn't for me. You might like it if you have oily skin.

Jurlique Nutri-Define Rejuvenating Overnight Cream

Overnight masks and creams seem to be all the rage at the moment, and I'm glad I've tried this one because it's gorgeous. It's super rich and nourishing, and I can feel the difference in my skin the next day - more so than with any other overnight treatment I've tried before. My face looks more plump and feels more hydrated the next day, plus it feels really soft.

I just looked it up and unfortunately this costs $130 for the full size. Foo! There's no way I can afford to spend that much on a single product at the moment, so looks like I'll have to admire this one from afar for now.

In sum

Obviously I like ExfoliKate the most in this bunch because I've gone out and bought it, but I also really liked the Jurlique and Dermalogica products, so I might see if I can grab more samples of those and work out whether they're going on the wishlist.

I do have quite a few more sachets hanging around, so I might do another one of these posts next month, just to get through them all.

'Till then : )




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.