Pan that Palette 2019: March update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next Pan that Palette update!

I'm super excited about this update because I have some good progress to show you this month, and I'm also keen to get this post up so I can start re-pressing a bunch of stuff after you've seen where things are at. 

Let's have a look!


First up, my Too Faced palette. This is starting to move a bit faster now, and I suspect that's because the shadows aren't quite as pigmented as they once were - plus some of them are becoming a little softer as they age so they're easier to pan now that they're not so tightly packed.

Happily the quality is still fine though, and I haven't tired of it yet.

Here's how my palette looked last month:


And here's how it's looking today, after one month of use:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Last month:


Today:


As you can see, I've used all nine shades this month and I've now panned Heaven completely, which I was expecting to do because there wasn't a huge amount left and I use it every day to set my eye primer and concealer.

Cashmere Bunny and Lace Teddy are also showing good progress, and I expect those to be done next. I plan to re-press both shades after this update because Lace Teddy is so crumbly that I want to pack it more tightly, and Cashmere Bunny is getting annoying to use (I use it through the crease so I need a larger brush for that, and I need more surface area to work from).

As for the other shades, we're getting there slowly and I'll start focusing on those more once I've panned Lace Teddy and Cashmere Bunny. I reckon Chocolate Cookie and Honey Butter will be the next two shades on my hit-list, since they're both showing decent progress already and I want to pan as many shades as possible early in the piece so I can start focusing on the shadows in my custom palette sooner rather than later.

Speaking of which...


As you'll see below, there's been good movement on some of the shades this month - but as mentioned in previous updates, I'm focusing on the Too Faced palette first and then subbing in the similar shades in this palette once I've panned more from the Too Faced.

Here's how it looked last month:


And today: 


As always, let's work in sections.

Last month:


Today:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Last month:


Today:


While I've used all eight shades over the past month, the main ones I've used are the two larger pans and the gold. The gold is a hair's breadth away from pan (I often use it as a highlighter on the face and body), and the pink is also looking more used in 'real life' - it's just that pale shades rarely photograph well so it's hard to see that here.

What I might do after this update is crush and re-press the dusty plum (bottom left) because it's quite dry and flaky now (I've had it for ages), and I think re-pressing it will make it easier to use.

As for the other shades, I'll be working on those more once I've panned more shadows from the Too Faced palette.

Benefit's Hoola, as it was last month:


Today:


Last month, enhanced for clarity:


Today, enhanced for clarity:


So I've made great progress on this and I've now hit pan in all four minis. Hip hip hooray! It's not surprising that I'm getting through this quickly because it's summer so I'm using it on the face and body, and I'm also more tanned so I need to use quite a bit to get it to show up on my (currently) medium skintone.

I'll need to start re-pressing this soon too, and do note that I'll be retaining a little to slot into my Franken-palette of popular shades so I can use it for future comparison swatches.

My Kevyn Aucoin blush, as it was last month:


Today (noting that I've flipped it over to make things easier because I naturally use my brush left-to-right):


Last month, enhanced for clarity:


Today, enhanced for clarity:


As you can see, I've made good progress on this too and we're almost at the re-pressing stage now. Woot woot!

I'm really looking forward to finishing this so I can start panning my next blush for the year. Reason being, blushes are my weakness and I have too many - so blushes are top of my hit-list these days and I can't wait to pan more.

My round pans - as they were last month: 


Today:


Last month, enhanced for clarity:

 

Today, enhanced for clarity:


So I've now hit pan on three of the shimmers, and the one in the middle is starting to look as though it won't last too much longer.

What I'll do now is focus on that shade and the bronze, so I can clear space for other shadows sooner rather than later.

In sum

Not a bad month for Pan that Palette!

I've made some good progress across the board and I have plenty of re-pressing to do, which will make things move a little faster because re-pressing always helps with panning.

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.