Website issues with Blogger: March 2019

/
0 Comments

This is just a short note to say that something's going on with Blogger, the site that hosts mine and many others' blogs.

So if you're wondering why I haven't been posting as much this week - and also why a bunch of photos aren't showing on individual posts - that's the reason behind those issues.


I became aware of the problem earlier in the week when I was trying to upload new sets of photos to draft posts and it was taking ages, although I initially assumed that it was my home connection and that my computer needed to run an update anyway.

Yesterday, though, after the update was run and I was still having issues, I checked on various old posts and discovered that photos have vanished from all the ones that I checked. This means that old swatch photos are gone, for example, and I have no idea where they've gone. Yikes.


So I checked the web and found that heaps of people are having the same issues with Blogger at the moment, and while I'm glad that I'm not the only one (so it could be a problem with eg the server that may yet be resolved), I must confess that I'm a little nervous about where those photos have gone. 

I imagine that many in my shoes feel the same. If those photos have gone for good, there's not a lot we can do to restore them if they've been permanently deleted (most of mine certainly have).

The other option is to restore them from your own blog site but I've heard in the community that this isn't working.


Anyhoo. Here's to hoping that the issues are fixed and that Blogger sorts through its issues soon. I can't be the only one who won't be happy to lose the usefulness of old posts if the swatch photos in particular of finished products are gone for good, but I'll save that headache for another day: I've got too much on my plate at the moment and can only deal with one headache at a time.

That's all from me. I just wanted to let you know what's going on in case you come across posts with missing photos, or you've been wondering why my post count is lower than normal this week.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images from unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.