Project Pan 2019: March update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to March's Project Pan update!

I'm going to keep things as short as possible today because I don't feel great and there have been issues with the Blogger website this week, so I just want to get this posted on time without too much rambling.

Above you'll see:

  • The Ordinary's High-Spreadability Fluid Primer
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop 
  • Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Euphoric Strobe Light 
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Sugar Plum
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie
  • Skin Physics Dragon's Blood 3 in 1 Advanced Treatment Cleanser 
  • Chantecaille Jasmine Lily Healing Mask
  • Andalou Naturals BioActive 8 Berry Fruit Enzyme Mask
  • Andalou Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Brightening Mask
  • OGX Hydrate + Defrizz Kukui Oil Frizz Defying Curl Cream
  • Dermaveen Hydrating Facial Moisturiser
  • Keisha & Co Purifying Clay Mask 
  • Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion
  • Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Coconut Perfecting Face Primer
  • Chapstick Total Hydration Moisture + Tint in Rose Peta
  • Manuka Doctor ApiRefine CC Cream SPF 20
  • Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Bare Naked

So I've finished seven products and I'm left with ten, meaning I'm at my limit in terms of numbers - although I will introduce one extra product now just to keep things moving.

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


First up, my OGX hair treatment. You'll see from my markers that this has started to move a little faster, and I think that's partly because I'm getting to the thinner part of the bottle now and partly because it has started to lose potency so I'm using more per application. I'll aim to finish it this month, although it may be another two months before it's done.

As for my Skin Physics cleanser, I haven't made as much progress on this as I wanted to - although that's likely because I've been testing a chemical peel over the past month so I haven't been able to use many additional active ingredients on my skin. I may be able to get through the rest this month or it may have another two months in it too. We'll see.


Above you'll see two NYX Butter Glosses in Sugar Plum and Maple Blondie. I like mixing these two shades to get a warmer lavender colour (Sugar Plum is too cool-toned for me on its own), which means I get a colour I love and that suits me, but it also means that it's taking me longer to pan both shades than it normally would.

Still, Maple Blondie is on the way out now and I may focus on that a little more this month so I can pan it, after which I have another pink shade I can bring in to mix with Sugar Plum until that's gone. Looking forward. I really love these glosses so I'm happy to use them every day.


I was very close to finishing my Becca highlighter this month but didn't quite get there. Note that I've retained a few ml of this for future comparison swatches, but the rest I've used up. I apply it to my face daily to get some glow happening beneath my tinted moisturiser, and while I love the product, I'm looking forward to finishing it so I can try the Marc Jacobs highlighter I've got in back-up.

Next, my primer from The Ordinary. I do like this primer but I've had it for while now and it's time to get through it. I also want to pan it before we hit the cooler months because I'll need a hydrating primer then, so better to pan it now. I've got two months left I reckon.

Here's how my Andalou pumpkin mask looked last month:


And here's how it's looking now:


I had expected to finish this mask over the past month, but that chemical peel I mentioned above prevented me from doing so because I couldn't use it very often (my skin was too sensitised).

I've almost finished that peel now though, so I expect this to be gone very soon. There's probably only three or four uses left, and even though I love it, I'm looking forward to trying something else so I'll be glad when it's done.


Next, my Andalou berry mask. Now I only introduced this recently so I won't bother with a before shot because I've barely used it since I started panning it.

I don't love this mask because it doesn't do anything for me, so what I may start doing is using a bit more each time in order to get through it more quickly. And you never know, using more may help with effect too. We'll see.


My Chantecaille mask is a newer addition too so I don't have a before shot for you because I've barely touched it since introducing it, but I expect this to be gone very soon.

Indeed, I used it again last night after I took these photos, and I think I only have two or three applications left. I really enjoy this mask, but again, I'm looking forward to trying something else.


Last up, my Hourglass highlighter in Euphoric Strobe Light. This is another newer addition so I don't have a month's worth of progress to show you, but I'll be able to do that next month.

I've been using this highlighter every day - even if just on my body - and while I'm not sure that I can finish it by the end of the year, I'll certainly try. In any event, by the end of the year I plan to re-press whatever's left into an eyeshadow pan, so I'll still be down one highlighter by year's end.

As for replacements, I've picked one for now:


It's my BareMinerals Clay Chameleon Purifying Transforming Cleanser (reviewed here). Now I do really enjoy this cleanser but I have my updated skincare inventory coming up at the end of March, so I wanted to throw in another cleanser that I knew I could finish before then.

There's how much I've used:


So there's not a huge amount left and I'll have to work hard to finish it by the end of March, but if I use it morning and night, I reckon I'll be fine.

In any event, it's a great little cleanser and I'll be happy to use it more often.

In sum

That's all from me.

It's been an ok panning month and I'm looking forward to having another decent month ahead. With my makeup and skincare inventories coming up very soon, I'll be interested to see how much I've panned over the last three months.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.