Skincare no buy 2019: four month update

/
0 Comments

Yesterday I wrote my four-month update for my makeup no buy, and I wanted to jump in with an update for my skincare no buy this morning before the day starts (we have a lot on today).

While I didn't buy anything in the makeup category during March, I did have to buy some skincare because I'm running low on a couple of things and it was needed.

Let's have a look.

* Image courtesy of andalou.com

Andalou Naturals Age Defying Fruit Stem Cell Revitalise Serum

I'm running low on serum at the moment so when I saw that Andalou was 40 per cent off at Priceline, I knew it was a good time to replace the one I've almost finished. (I bought this serum for $17.99 AUD so it was a good deal.)

It's designed for dry skin (that's me) and you can use it day and night. According to the description, fruit stem cell complex, resveratrol CoQ10 and goji glycopeptides help support dermal vitality and the essential building blocks, collagen and elastin, for a more lifted, firmer, youthful-looking appearance, and a rejuvenated complexion.

I'm glad I bought this when I did because I'll need to start using it soon, and I'm looking forward to trying it.

* Image courtesy of andalou.com

Andalou Age Defying Blossom + Leaf Refreshing Toner

I've almost run out of toner too so I went ahead and bought another one while Andalou was on sale (I was able to buy it for $11.99 AUD).

This is also for dry skin and you can use it day and night. According to the description, fruit stem cell complex, resveratrol CoQ10 and aloe vera polysaccharides instantly hydrate and replenish with essential nutrients, gently soothing irritation and balancing skin's delicate pH, while geranium and orange leaf uplift and tone for a natural glow and a rejuvenated complexion.

I've been really enjoying the Andalou toner I'm currently using so I'll be interested to see how this one goes when I finish that. Looking forward.


That's all from me. While my skincare no buy is still on foot, I was expecting to have to replace a couple of essentials this month and it's not surprising that I've started to run low on some things. Indeed, I may find myself having to buy another item or two next month (eg I'm low on day cream), but I'll wait to see how I go.

Otherwise I've kept the purse strings closed and stuck to my no buy rules, and I'm pleased about that. As mentioned in earlier posts, I do expect to lift my no buy in June (my birthday month) so I can replace more stuff then, before either reinstating the no buy or switching to a low buy for the rest of the year.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com unless otherwise indicated


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.