March 2019 favourites

/
0 Comments
Hello and welcome to another monthly favourites post!

I've been writing these posts at around the 20th of each month this year; it's a good time for it because I already have a bunch of posts that clog up the end of the month (eg empties posts and no buy updates), so best I write my favourites a little earlier to make things less stressful.

Let's have a look : )


Kevyn Aucoin The Matte Bronzing Veil in Desert Nights

I haven't reviewed this bronzer yet because it's been such a busy month and I haven't had time for as many posts as usual, but I did use this as part of Project Dent during March and that reminded me of how much I love it.

It's a beautiful warm brown that suits my medium skintone, and it feels smooth and silky smooth to the touch. Plus it blends and applies well, and although it's pigmented, I've always been able to blend it out if I've accidentally applied too much.

It's just a great bronzer and I may well pan it this year because I love it, so I'll enjoy using it daily (plus it's getting quite old so I need to pan it). Absolutely worth trying.


Batiste Dry Shampoo, Original

Full review here. I discovered this range of dry shampoos over a year ago and I haven't looked back since then: they're my absolute favourites. Hence I've been busy trying all the different scents, and this Original version is my favourite because it doesn't smell like cheap deodorant.

What's great about this product is that it does exactly what it says it will do: it makes my hair look and feel cleaner and fresher, plus it adds body and texture to boot. It also works if eg I've used a product that's left my hair feeling heavy and coated, so it deals with more than human grease.

Plus it makes my hair easier to brush so I think it has a detangling effect too, and it adds some shine and makes my hair feel softer. So basically it does everything that I want and need a dry shampoo to do. Hip hip hooray. Love.


NYX Butter Gloss in Praline

Full review here. I absolutely love this formula and I've given it an HG tag. It feels very comfortable to wear and it's hydrating enough for my dry lips that I can rely on it for hydration during the day. The formula isn't sticky but it does have a tackiness to it that helps it stay put. 

Praline is a nude brown shade that looks more red-based in some lights and more mauve-based in others. It's a really lovely colour, and on me it deepens my natural lip colour in a flattering way. I also love it because it doesn't sit in lip lines (a few of the shades from the range can do that). 

Plus it plumps the lips up a little and reduces the look of lines. This makes it perfect for those of us who are over 30 and need something with a smoothing effect. Definitely worth trying.


Ren Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic

Full review here. This is a good toner and I recommend it. You also get a lot of product in the bottle so it's lasting me ages, meaning it's better value than you might first think when you see the price-tag.

What I love about this is that it feels like it's clearing the gunk from my face, and the makeup pad certainly comes away dirty whenever I use it. It has that slightly astringent feel as it pulls away the dirt and impurities from my skin, and I can also feel it clearing away dead skin cells. But despite how effective it is, my dry skin has been able to tolerate it well.

After use my skin is left looking brighter and feeling smoother, and this has also helped keep my face clear over time so I don't have as many breakouts as I do when I'm not using a product like this. I also think it clears the path for my skincare to absorb better, because it has a resurfacing effect so it's removing the dead skin and leaving the newer skin ready for skincare. A great little product.


Ethique Sweet Orange & Vanille Creme Bodywash Bar

Full review here. This is a really lovely product and I enjoy the experience of using it, but it's not super effective and I don't feel it cleans my skin that well - so it's not one I would recommend if you need something that really gets in there and washes your skin.

However I wanted to include it in my favourites because I really look forward to using it, so it warrants a mention. It smells absolutely divine (it indeed smells of orange and vanilla), and it's a scent I'm really enjoying because it's sweet, rich and wonderful.

Note that it doesn't lather, though, and my skin doesn't feel super clean after I've used it so I tend to use a bit of body wash to help get the job done. Still, it's very hydrating so it suits my dry skin well. I'm looking forward to trying other bars from the range to see if they clean better, but gosh this one smells so good that any lack in efficacy is forgiven.

In sum

That's all from me!

It wasn't hard to pick out my favourites this month because I didn't have much to choose from (I haven't been trying much new stuff recently), but I do really enjoy all these products and I would buy them all again.

Do let me know in the comments what you've been loving lately: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.