Skincare no buy 2019: five month update

/
0 Comments

I wrote my makeup no buy update yesterday (see here) and I'm back today to do my skincare one, so I can cross off another post that I need to write before we hit the end of the month. After that we'll be looking at things like empties posts (I have enough for three posts, if I can do them) and I must be just about due for a Project Pan tally post too, although I'll see how I go.

Anyhoo! I've done five months of my skincare no buy and we're getting to the point now where I'm having to replace things, which admittedly was expected because I get through skincare faster than I do makeup.

As you may know, I'm planning to lift my spending bans in June (being my birthday month) so I can replenish whatever needs replenishing, and I expect to be buying a few skincare items then.

For now, I had to replenish one item this month:

* Image courtesy of priceline.com


Andalou Naturals Hyaluronic DMAE Lift & Firm Cream

I'm low on day cream and I needed to replace the one I've just finished because the other creams I have are night creams (I have two, one being unopened), and I'd prefer to use those when they're meant to be used: that is, at night.

I bought this one because it was heavily discounted (I paid less than $17 AUD) and also because I've been keen to explore more from Andalou Naturals so I was always going to choose something from that brand.

This cream is for dry to very dry skin (that's me) and it contains fruit stem cell complex, resveratrol CoQ10, and hyaluronic acid. It should boost dermal vitality, supporting essential building blocks (collagen and elastin) for a more lifted, firmer, youthful appearance and a rejuvenated complexion.

I'm looking forward to trying this. I haven't used any creams from this brand to date (mainly cleansers, toners and masks) so I'll be interested to see how it fares.


That's all from me. While my skincare no buy is still on foot, I was expecting to have to replace at least one thing this month and it's not surprising that I've started to run low on some items. Indeed, I may find myself having to buy another item or two in May, but I'll wait to see if I can last until June.

Otherwise I've kept the purse strings closed and stuck to my no buy rules, and I'm pleased about that. I'm not sure yet whether I'll reinstate my no buy for a few months after June, but I may well do so and leave myself open to buy some stuff when the festive releases start coming out. We'll see.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com unless otherwise indicated


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.