Makeup no buy 2019: five month update

/
0 Comments

I have a bunch of posts that need to be written before the end of the month and this is one of them. As you may know, I've been on makeup and skincare no buys since December 2018 - and I've been updating you every month so you know how I'm going, which is what we're doing now.

I've done five months so far and I have one month to go before I open things up for my birthday month in June and allow myself a purchase or two. After that I'll likely tighten the purse strings again until the festive releases start coming out, and then I'll see how things are looking before I decide what to do in terms of spending bans next year.

Anyhoo! I did buy one thing this month, just a replacement for a product I'd finished:

* Image courtesy of target.com

Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer in Rich Brown

I bought this eyeliner yesterday because mine had died and I needed a replacement - it was the only eyeliner I owned.

I repurchased this one because it works for me and I'm yet to find another eyeliner in the pharmacy that meets my requirements. Those are: I don't want to sharpen the damn thing (this is a twist-up arrangement); it needs to be brown (I don't like black on me: too severe/unnatural); and I don't want any sparkle in it.

To date, this is the only budget eyeliner I've found that suits my needs and I'll continue to buy it until something else comes along, at which point I'll try the new item to see how they compare. But for now, this one will keep appearing in my collection as my only eyeliner because I'm not really an eyeliner person.


That's all from me! It's been a good month and I haven't bought anything I shouldn't have, and replacement purchases are within my no buy rules so this purchase was allowed because I had no back-up eyeliner to use once I finished the last one.

Otherwise it feels as though it's been a quick month (I've had a lot of work on lately), which has meant that I've barely thought about makeup at all and I've just used what I have.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.