Fun new things to play with 2019 #1

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my first larger samples post for the year! I took these photos around a month ago and I photographed another set yesterday - for the simple reason that too many of these travel-sized samples have come into my hands lately and I need to get through some of them.

Let's have a look.


L'Occitane Aromachologie Relaxing Shower Gel (RRP $5.45 AUD for 35ml travel size)

This shower gel apparently contains distilled essential oils including rosemary and lavender. L'Occitane's Aromoachologie range aims to use various essential oils to offer nice-smelling products with proven effectiveness.

Made with essential oils, this soothing shower gel apparently transforms into a fine and delicate foam, which gently cleanses the skin without drying it out. Its soothing aromatic scent is 100% natural. Fingers crossed I like it.


Soap & Glory Mini Clean on Me (RRP $4 AUD for 75ml)

This is apparently an award-winning, creamy clarifying shower gel with natural mandarin peel extract and a bonus built-in body lotion. It claims to give you soft, smooth and sexy skin, and it's available in a full-size or travel-size.

I bought this because I needed to make up the value of a Mecca order to get free shipping, and I hadn't tried this so I thought I'd give it a go. As you may know, I haven't had a lot of luck with Soap & Glory as a brand - but hopefully I'll get on with this. We'll see.


Verso Super Eye Serum with Retinol 8 (RRP $130 AUD for 30ml)

This is described as a firming and smoothing super eye serum with Retinol 8 complex. It claims to be light and refreshing, and it should help increase the skin’s natural production of collagen, reversing the visible signs of ageing. It's formulated with specific amino acids that will diminish the look of eye puffiness, dark circles and lines. 

This showed up in in a Mecca Beauty Loop box, and while I've used a couple of sachets before, I haven't been able to get a good idea of it from the sample sizes so it will be nice to try it for a longer period. It's an expensive product so I hope I don't like it too much, but I'll be pleased to use it.


Nuface Optimising Mist (RRP $15 AUD for 30ml)

This is described as a 3-in-1 mist that works to optimise, refresh and hydrate the complexion. It contains hyaluronic acid and aloe vera, and you can use it alone or over makeup for soft, silky and healthy-looking skin.

I bought this to make up the value of a Mecca order to get free shipping, and I haven't tried anything from this brand so I'll be interested to see how it goes. In any event, I needed a travel-sized facial mist so I'm hoping that the spray itself is fine enough that I can keep the bottle and re-use it. We'll see.


Hask Monoi Coconut Oil Nourishing Shine Oil (RRP $4.99 AUD for 18ml)

This is described as a lightweight, instantly absorbing oil that's alcohol-free and rich in omega 7, vitamin e and antioxidants. Monoi oil, native to Tahiti, is known for its re-hydrating and softening qualities and for leaving your hair nourished, moisturised and revived.

You may remember that I bought this oil last year and managed to lose it while we were away in Halls Gap. Happily I eventually found it (it had hidden itself in an odd pocket in my backpack), and I'm glad that I can finally start using it again. I remember loving it. Fingers crossed.


Drunk Elephant A-Passioni Retinol Cream & B Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum (RRP $113 AUD for 30ml and $80 AUD for 50ml respectively)

The retinol product is described as a cutting-edge treatment that combines 1% vegan retinol with nourishing, superfood-rich ingredients to dramatically diminish the appearance of fine lines, deep wrinkles and sun damage. It should reveal a vibrant, younger-looking complexion, restore bounce and resilience, and help even out the skin's tone and texture.

The serum should quench parched skin in a flash. It's described as a super hydrating, anti-ageing serum for a plump, juicy complexion, and it claims to be ultra lightweight and rapidly absorbed.

I haven't tried much from Drunk Elephant but I've heard a lot of people rave about this brand so I'm looking forward to seeing how it fares. I'm interested in the serum especially: if it's that hydrating, it should suit my dry skin.


Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara (RRP $25 AUD for 4ml)

This claims to offer show-stopping, next-level lashes and serious volume in a single coat. It's described as a blacker-than-black, 24 hour wear mascara that will give you noticeably fuller lashes with no smudging or flaking throughout the day. 

I'd heard so much about this mascara that when it showed up in a travel-sized version on Mecca's website, I had to try it. Unfortunately, though, not long after I found myself overloaded with GWP mini mascaras so it's taken me some time to get to it! Looking forward to seeing if it meets the hype.


Grown Alchemist Anti-Frizz Shampoo & Conditioner (RRP $10 each for 50ml)

Both these products are designed to target frizz (that's me). The shampoo should deeply cleanse hair while taming flyaways, boosting shine and promoting suppleness. The conditioner should target frizz while protecting the hair and preventing surface damage from heat styling, while offering a silky smooth shine. 

The full sizes of these are more expensive than what I would typically spend on haircare, but since I don't go through haircare very quickly (I only wash my hair once every five days because it's dry), I thought I may as well try the travel sizes to see how I go. Anything to budge that frizz.


Evo The Great Hydrator Moisture Mask (RRP $34 AUD for 150ml)

This is described as an intensely hydrating moisture mask for hair that is dry or coarse. It should moisturise and smooth colour-damaged, dry and frizzy hair. It conditions, adds moisture, enhances shine, reduces frizz and greatly improves hair manageability.

This was a GWP and it's had some great reviews so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes. My dry hair definitely needs some TLC, so I'm hoping that this will do something to target both my dryness and my frizz. Fingers crossed.

In sum

That's all from me. I'm really looking forward to trying all these products and I'll review any items that are large enough to warrant full reviews, so stay tuned for those if you're interested.

It will also be good to clear out some of these samples from my collection because they tend to hang around without being used until we go on holidays, which we're not doing anytime soon so best I use them now.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.