Pan that Palette 2019: April update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next Pan that Palette update for the year!

I'm pleased to say that it's been an excellent panning month and I'm now ready to recharge my custom palette and replace the empty pans. Good news indeed!

If you're interested, last month's update is here. Otherwise, let's get straight into it.


My Too Faced palette is starting to look very well-loved now and I reckon I might finish it within another four or five months. We'll see. If I do finish it early, what I'll do is replace it with something else I'd like to pan. That way I can make a decent start on another palette before my 2020 panning challenges.

Now for progress shots.

Here's how my palette looked last month:


And here's how it's looking today:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Last month:


Today:


As you can see, I've now finished Heaven and I'm very close with Cashmere Bunny. I'll definitely finish Cashmere Bunny by the next update, and I may well finish Honey Butter too. We'll see.

After that I'll likely start focusing on Chocolate Cookie and Sexpresso, and then I'll work on the other three shades in turn.

I'm finding that the challenge is starting to move a little faster now, and I think that's because the pigment is starting to go from these shadows (the palette is at least four years old). So while it's still working well for me and I still really enjoy it, I do need to use a little more shadow per application than I did before, and that's helping with progress.


Next up, my custom palette. I've happily finished off some of the larger pans in this now, and I'll be replacing those after this post and writing another post that shows photos of my new palette. Looking forward!

Here's how it looked last month:


And today:



So you can see that I've finished my Kevyn Aucoin blush, and that Benefit's Hoola is basically done (I'll be replacing that when I recharge my palette today, but I will finish the remains over the next few days - it's just that I want to get a new bronzer in there sooner rather than later).

As always, let's work in sections.

My eight Kevyn Aucoin eyeshadows, as they were last month:



 Today:



Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Last month:



Today:



So the main changes you'll notice here are that I've hit a decent chunk of pan in the gold now and I've also re-pressed that large purple eyeshadow so the pan it was showing has vanished. I re-pressed it because it was getting too dry and flaky, so I added in some binder and I'm pleased with the result - it's a lot more creamy now.

Otherwise there's not a huge amount of progress in this section of the palette, and while I've definitely used all the shades over the past month, I've been focusing on my Too Faced palette so we likely won't see a huge amount of progress until I've finished more shadows in that one.

Benefit's Hoola, as it was last month:



Today:



Enhanced for clarity, last month:



Today:



So you can see why I want to replace this now, given that I've finished my Kevyn Aucoin blush and want to replace that: I only have two or three applications left.

While I did enjoy the colour of this bronzer and I can see why so many people love it, I found that it doesn't blend well unless I really set my tinted moisturiser, and since I don't like having too much powder on my face (I have dry skin), it's not the right product for me.

My Kevyn Aucoin blush, as it was last month:



And today:



As you can see, this one's done - and while I really enjoyed it, I'm glad it's gone because I have far too many blushes (especially peach/coral/apricot blushes), so it was time for it to go. I'll miss it but I don't need it, and I definitely need to look at panning more blushes this year.

Last up, my miscellaneous eyeshadows, as they were last month:


Today:


Last month, enhanced for clarity:



Today, enhanced for clarity:


You can see that I've made a decent amount of progress on the middle shade and the bronze beside it, but the other three shades aren't moving much. In the case of the two gold shimmers (which I mixed myself), that's because I've decided that I like them too much and don't want to pan them just yet, so I'll be switching them out today. The matte brown (right) I have used a bit, but again, I'm focusing on my Too Faced palette for now so we won't see decent progress on that for a while.

In sum

That's all from me! It's been a good month where Pan that Palette's concerned, and I have a feeling that next month will be even better because I'm starting to get close to finishing a few of the Too Faced shadows in particular.

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.