Fun new things to play with 2019 #2

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another larger samples post for the year.

I introduced a bunch of samples around a month ago and I wanted to introduce a second lot now, for the simple reason that I have too many minis at the moment and I want to get through some. Indeed, I still have enough for another round and I need to do that sooner rather than later because most of them were GWPs and a couple have expiry dates this year.

Moving on. Let's quickly introduce this round now, and after that I'll review whatever's large enough to be reviewed before coming back later and updating this post with mini reviews.


Olay Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream

This apparently has a luxurious feel and is fast-absorbing and non-greasy. It claims to fade the look of dark spots, age spots, sun spots and discolouration in just eight weeks, evening your overall skintone. It should also give you a healthy-looking glow.

I haven't had a huge amount of luck with Olay as a brand but I'm low on day cream at the moment so it would be silly to pass this on without at least trying it. There's also enough product in here (14ml) for a review, so I'll be able to tell you what I think of it.


Madara Brightening AHA Peel Mask

This active AHA peeling mask claims to give instant radiance with a nature’s superdose of active acids. Fruit acids and vitamin c from quince fruit, blended with hydrating lactic acid and soothing elderflower, provide efficient exfoliation for bright, radiant and smoothed skin. Especially beneficial for those with dull, tired skin, signs of ageing, lines, wrinkles, age-spots, clogged pores and acne. 

I actually have two of these but the second one didn't arrive until after I'd photographed this round of samples. This of course means that I have more than enough product (25ml) to write a review, and I'll likely introduce the second one immediately after I've finished this so I can test it consistently. Looking forward.


Weleda Lavender Creamy Body Wash

Formulated with fragrant organic lavender and nourishing, skin-loving sesame seed oil, this product offers a rich, creamy and hydrating formula, designed to cleanse the skin of dirt, grime and build-up, and leave it feeling soft, smooth and moisturised. Ideal for all skin types, this gentle wash can also help soothe skin conditions associated with stress, such as dryness and congested pores.

I've pictured two 20ml samples here but I actually wound up with five of them - more than enough to write a full review - and indeed I've already written that full review (see here) because it took me a while to get this post up. I really like the product, despite the fact that I don't like the smell of lavender. More on that later.


Weleda Sea Buckthorn Hand Cream

This aims to protect hard-working hands from moisture loss, and describes itself as an intensively active hand cream that will restore rough and stressed skin, leaving it smooth and supple. Light sesame oil, sea buckthorn oil and pure vegetable oils combine to support the skin's natural metabolism, to assist in rebuilding the skin's oily mantle and maintaining a healthy skin balance. 

Again, I received five of these samples but I've only pictured two here and I may end up giving some away. I love small hand creams because they're great for the hand bag, and these two 10ml samples will be more than enough to give me a good idea of the product.


Acure Brilliantly Brightening Facial Scrub

This scrub is apparently formulated to effectively lift and buff away dead skin cells and built-up dirt and grime, while it nourishes, hydrates and brightens all types of skin. It should smooth, soften and revitalise your complexion, and it claims to be beneficial for those with pigmentation, blackheads, dark spots or large pores.

This scrub has had amazing reviews so I'm looking forward to trying it, and I do have two 30ml samples - so if I like it, I'll keep the second one too. Can't wait to see how I go.


Pai Comfrey & Calendula Calming Body Cream

This is described as a rich, non-greasy body cream that's especially formulated for skin that's mature, dry, irritated or inflamed. Packed with highly effective, certified organic plant oils and butters, it claims to be ideal for very sensitive skin and skin prone to mild forms of eczema or dermatitis. It's designed to deeply nourish, hydrate and comfort aggravated skin while still allowing skin to breathe.

This is only a 10ml sample so I won't be writing a separate review, but I'll look forward to using it because something about the aesthetic of Pai appeals to me and always has (I know, that shouldn't dictate whether I'm interested in a product - but there it is). We'll see.


Pai Echium & Argan Gentle Eye Cream

This claims to be ideal for those with sensitive skin, including those prone to very dry skin, rosacea, and mild forms of eczema and dermatitis. Created with soothing argan oil, apricot kernel oil, thistle oil and shea butter, it's apparently beautifully rich in natural vitamins and omegas 3 and 6 to help keep the delicate skin around the eyes healthy, plump and smooth.

I'm not sure how much is in this sample because it's not written on the tube, but I suspect it's around 3ml, and I have two of these so I may be able to review it because eye creams last forever. Fingers crossed I like it: I'm always in the market for a decent eye cream.

In sum

That's all from me! 

I'm excited about trying all these samples and I'm looking forward to updating you on how I go with everything. I'm also looking forward to introducing my next round as soon as I can, although I'll likely wait until I've finished round #1 before I do that.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.