May 2015 empties #1

/
0 Comments

This year I promised myself that I would finish at least three of my Shanghai Suzy lipsticks, since I have nine of them and I don't need or want that many, and a few of the colours don't suit me on their own so I have to mix them. While I can happily make colours from all of them that I like, mixing them is an extra step and I'm time-poor at the moment so I like to keep things simple.

Anyhoo, the point of all that was to say that I've managed to knock one off the list this month! Miss Olivia Apricot is finished, and I'm now using Miss Bree Pink Blush and Miss Ally Amethyst, which don't look good separately but mix well together for a strong lip that leans purple and matches the eyeshadows and blushes I'm enjoying at the moment. One day I hope to see a blush and an eyeshadow in one of these empties posts, though I'm not sure that will ever happen!

But enough of all that. Let's have a look at what I've finished in the past couple of weeks:


Project Pan items

I've talked about these quite a bit already so I won't say too much here, other than to mention that I wouldn't buy any of these products. The Coral Colours eyebrow pencil is too red/orange and doesn't quite work for me, and the Strange Beautiful nailpolish is an odd one because the red side is good quality and the pale side isn't. As for the So Susan product, this is the second one of these I've had where the packaging has split open at the mouth, so the packaging is obviously super cheap and I don't like the product enough to overlook that.


Lonvitalite sheet masks

I received both of these via subscription boxes and, as you know, I'm not a huge fan of these kinds of masks and use them only because they're there. I didn't think either mask was of particularly good quality and I'm really sick of seeing this brand: I've received so many masks from these guys in subscription boxes and I've had enough! Purchase? No.



Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal Shampoo

I like this shampoo but I'm really glad to see the back of it because I've had it for so long. It's a large sized bottle and it was given to me by my mum along with the matching conditioner (bless her, she knows what I like) but the conditioner is long gone (I always finish those first) and this has been one of THOSE products - the ones that sit in the shower for over a year and don't get used enough - so I was sick of seeing it and I'm glad it's done. Still, it's a great product for my dry hair and it's one I'll buy again. Repurchase? Yes.

Rexona Invisible Dry Aqua Deodorant

I don't normally include deodorants on this list (boring!) but I really liked this one, so I wanted to say something about it. What I love about it is that it works and lasts for ages, and it doesn't leave marks on my clothes. What else do you need?! Repurchase? Yes.


Withme White Perfection Marin Silk Formula Hydrating Cream

Full review here. This is one of those Memebox inclusions that sounded amazing but ended up being something I didn't want to put on my face. It felt nice to start with, but I realised pretty quickly that it was drying my skin out and I discovered that it contains alcohol, which can be irritating to skin. I then moved it to the body cream section and both my husband and I used it up, and we quite liked it as a body cream. Not enough to buy it though! Purchase? No.

Naked Tan Body Polish, Walnut & Jojoba

Full review here. I LOVE this stuff! It was a points 'purchase' from the LHI shop ages ago, and I had to use it more often than I would have liked in the past few weeks because its expiry date was this month. Before that I'd been using it sparingly as a 'treat' product because it's so wonderful: creamy, smells divine, feels luxurious and does a great job of exfoliation. The only downside is the price tag ($22 for 150ml): I wouldn't normally spend that on a scrub so I don't think I'll be buying it again, unless I can get it more cheaply. Purchase? Maybe.


Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Groenland

Full review here. I absolutely love this tinted moisturiser but I'm between colours (this one is a bit pale and St Moritz a bit dark) so I probably won't end up buying it because I don't want to buy two: I've had to do that with many products before and I always get sick of the items by the end because there's so much product to get through. But this is a really beautiful tint: it evens skintone while still looking natural, plus it's hydrating and gives you a nice dewy glow. Purchase? No, but only because I don't have a good colour match.

Shanghai Suzy Lipstick in Miss Olivia Apricot

Full review here. Huzzah to finishing a lipstick! I always feel good when I finish a lip product because I've wound up with so many. I must have had over 40 at some point (at least a dozen being unopened) because I already had quite a few and then they kept arriving in subscription boxes. Now I've got about 20 open and maybe five unopened. I'd like to reduce that even further: I think say 10 lipsticks and four glosses is plenty! Anyhoo. I love the formula of this lipstick but the colour is the wrong orange on me - a little cool or something. Repurchase? Not in this colour.


PHR Professional Haircare Recovery Leave-in Moisturiser

We received this sample from Violet Box last year and it's been sitting in my empties box for a while but I kept forgetting to include it in an empties post. It contains a blend of natural ingredients including jojoba seed oil and keratin, and aims to seal in hydration and leave your hair renewed and full of lustre. I really liked it - my dry hair drank it up and looked so much nicer - but it costs $39.95 for the full size and I'm not prepared to spend that much on one haircare item, no matter how good it is. Purchase? No, due to the price.

MOR Emporium Classics Snow Gardenia Triple-milled Soap 

I love MOR products and am always happy to see them turn up in sub boxes. Unfortunately I don't use soap, but my husband does so at least all the soaps I receive via subscription boxes get used. Even though I'm not a soap person, I can appreciate that this is a really lovely product. My husband cracked it open recently and I've given it a few test runs. It smells divine, foams well and feels lovely on the skin. If I were ever going to use soap, I'd likely use something from MOR - but alas, I'm tied to my liquid body cleansers.

In sum

There are some lovely products in this bunch and also a few that I'm glad to see the back of. My favourite products are the Naked Tan body scrub and the PHR leave-in treatment, neither of which I would buy due to the price. Honourable mentions go to the Nars tinted moisturiser and the Shanghai Suzy lipstick, the formula of each being wonderful but neither is my colour - they're close but not close enough.

See you again at the end of the month! I can't think of any products I've almost finished, so who knows how many items that will end up in my next empties post.




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.