Project Pan 2015: Update #6

/
0 Comments
Gosh I hadn't realised that it's been almost a month since I last wrote a Project Pan update. I guess it's taken me a while to get through some products and there seemed no point writing an update unless I'd made some progress.

Anyhoo. Let's kick off with my last PP list:
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Top Coat
  • ModelCo Colourbox Eyeshadow in Tahiti
  • Be a Bombshell Blush in Raspberry Tart
  • Mellow Bronzer
  • theBalm Time Balm Primer
  • Emite Make Up Precision Eye Pencil in Spir
  • The Cosmetic Kitchen Macadamia Wax Creme Highlighter
  • 'Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Eyeshadow + Base
  • Maybelline FitMe Pressed Powder
  • Benefit Boi-ing concealer
  • OCC Lip Tar in Cha Cha
  • theBalm Shelter Tinted Moisturiser in Medium and Light/Medium
  • Coral Colours Eyebrow Definer Pencil in Dark Brown
  • So Susan Liquid Illuminator
  • Strange Beautiful Nail Polish


Above are the three products I've finished. The Coral Colours brow pencil is so small now that it's annoying to use (so I'm calling it finished!), the Strange Beautiful polish is definitely dead and the So Susan Illuminator lasted less than it should have due to the broken packaging. Do note that I've reserved a week's worth of the product to take away with me at the end of the month, but I'm calling it finished for these purposes.

Now I think I should be happy that I've finished those three things because it might take me a while to finish anything else!

Here's an update on a few of the items on my PP list (I won't picture anything if you can't see from the photo how much is left):


Gosh that Maybelline powder is starting to look worn! It seemed that there wasn't much gone last month, but it's now looking like it will be one of the next products to bite the dust. There's still a good couple of months left in it though: powders are always slow going (at least, they are for me).


The Mellow bronzer is going to vanish faster than most bronzers because it's so sheer. Also, it doubles as a contour powder on me and I've occasionally been using it as an eyeshadow in the crease, so it's getting used quite a bit. I've no idea how long it will last though - end of the year?


I don't think the Be a Bombshell blush will be on this list for long since I'm unlikely to make any real dent in it (it's pretty pigmented) but at least I can give it a good run and know that I've got my money's worth from it. I'll try to use it for another month at least before giving one of my other older blushes a turn.


Yep, we're never going to see the end of the ModelCo eyeshadow. My golly. I'm keeping it on the list because it's interesting to see just how long these things last with (almost) daily use!


I thought the Benefit concealer would be long gone by now, but it's still going strong. I'm hoping I can take it away with me at the end of the month and discard it when we're there, but it's looking like it might last longer than that. I really really don't need any more concealers any time soon ; )


Above are the products I'm bringing in to replace the three I've just finished.


Polished London Nailpolish

I thought I'd replace the nailpolish I've just finished with another one. This is the oldest one I own so it's next on the chopping block, plus it's a good colour for the cooler months. Also, I seem to be wearing purple lip colours quite often so this will be a nice little nod to that. How long will it last? Ages. Four months at least.


Bloom Eye Definer in Dark Brown

Full review here. This is a rubbish eyeliner (smudges easily) so I had it marked down to replace the Coral Colours brow pencil once that was done. At least I can get some use from it! It will last four or so months I reckon, maybe more.


Dd'ell Stay Forever Gel Eye Pencil 04 in Espresso

This is a really awesome eyeliner: it stays put and it's a nice, natural colour that I can line my eyes with and not look overdone. Full review here. I'm including it because I want to have something on this list that I love using, and not just products I want to finish.


In sum

My golly Project Pan is slow going! I knew it would be, but I don't think I realised just how long things last. If you find yourself buying too many beauty products, I urge you to do one of these because it will make you think twice before purchasing more things!

.


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.