August 2016 empties #2

/
0 Comments

Welcome to my second empties post for August 2016 : )

While it mightn't look like I've finished that much above, I've actually managed to knock off five Project Pan products this month - four of them being full size (the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser isn't pictured because I accidentally threw it out!) - so it's been a great empties month for me and September is looking like it will be pretty good too. Hooray to that!

Let's have a quick look at what I've finished over the past couple of weeks:


Project Pan products

I won't go on about these too much here because I've done that via Project Pan, but suffice to say that the Inika primer and eyeliners from Teeez and Dd'ell were all wonderful products and I may well buy them in future (they all came in subscription boxes).

The base products from Nars and Laura Mercier (not pictured) however didn't float my boat: the fabled Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser in Sand didn't have enough coverage for me (and I like my bases pretty light!) and the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Santa Fe didn't work because it looks like a mask on me and pools in my pores, so I wouldn't buy either.


Baylis & Harding Beauticology Mango & Mandarin Bath & Shower Crème

Full review here. This was passed on to me by a friend, and while it wasn't super amazing, I quite liked it and it's unlike any other body wash I've used because the texture is so thick. 

It smelled nice (definitely like mango and mandarin) and a little went a long way so the sample lasted a good while. Plus it lathered and cleaned well so no complaints on that front : ). Purchase? Maybe.

Ren Rosa Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser

I've used quite a few Ren products now and a lot of them I love (some are even on the HG list), but this one didn't grab me. I've reviewed it here.

I received it as a GWP and even though it's a cream, I didn't find it hydrating or nourishing at all - it actually stripped my skin if I tried to double-cleanse with it. Plus it wasn't super effective at removing makeup so I could only use it in the morning, and I would always do a second cleanse with something else because I wasn't convinced this was doing a great job. Purchase? No.

Ethique Lime & Ginger Body Polish

Full review here. This came in my first-ever Maslow & Co box, and it's one of those products that I didn't think much of to start with but soon fell in love with - so much so that it made a monthly favourites list and I also rationed it because I didn't want to get through it too quickly.

It's just a beautiful product that smells and feels wonderful, and while it's not the most effective body scrub I've used, it still does a reasonable job of polishing the skin and I really enjoyed it. I'll miss it! Might have to pick up another one : ). Purchase? Yes.


Bundle of samples

I've already written mini reviews of these as part of my 2016 declutter series (see this post), so I won't go on about them too much here but I'll comment on each briefly.

The Alpha-H Liquid Gold has been a favourite of mine for years now and I can't recommend it enough: few products brighten and resurface my skin like this one does so I can't see myself ever using anything else. Purchase? Already have.

The Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Eye Cream was a decent product that's nicely rich and hydrating so it's great for my dry eye area, but it's not as good as other thick eye creams I've tried and it's not one I would buy. Purchase? No.

I really didn't like the Klarity Lasertox Miracle White CC Lotion SPF 30 PA++ because it left little powder bits sitting in my pores (apparently it contains diamond powder) and was also drying on me and had a tacky finish that I didn't love. Purchase? No.

I also didn't love The Body Shop's Drops of Youth Concentrate because it didn't hydrate my skin at all and I found that I needed to apply moisturiser immediately after application (unlike other serums, which I normally leave to work for a few minutes before adding anything over the top). It was also a bit sticky and I couldn't see any benefits over the three weeks that I used it. Purchase? No.

L'Occitane's Immortelle Divine Youth Oil, on the other hand, was just beautiful - it melted like butter into the skin and felt so good that I really believed it was doing good things. It reminded me of Sunday Riley's Flora because it smells very similar and has a similar effect: problem is, it's even more expensive than Sunday Riley's oils! Purchase? Only if I could get it on special.

In sum

The best products in this lot are definitely those from Ethique, Alpha-H and L'Occitane, although I really like those three Project Pan products from Inika, Dd'ell and Teeez too. So there are some good products in this bunch!

Let me know if you've used anything amazing this month that you recommend - I'd love to hear : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.