Project Dent 2016: non-powder blushes

/
0 Comments

I took a few days off my Project Dent series just to work out what product or products I wanted to include next and whether to use them separately or together.

Eventually I settled on rounding off the Stila products I own by including this last one - my Stila Aqua Glow Watercolor Blush in Shimmering Lotus - and popping in my Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Honeymoon Honey to use alongside it.  

These are the only non-powder blushes I own and I don't reach for them often because I tend to find powders faster and easier to work with, and since I couldn't bear the thought of using just one cheek colour consistently for a few weeks (I love changing my blush daily), I've decided to use them both.

I'll either use them separately, mix them together or with another powder blush on top, or use them on my lips because they both work on the lips too. 


Stila Aqua Glow Watercolor Blush in Shimmering Lotus

This is one of the newest makeup items I own so there's not much of a dent in it so far and I'm not sure how much of one we'll see by the end of August.

I haven't reviewed it yet so I plan to do that while I'm Project Denting it, and I'm also hoping I'll find ways to use it more often because I really don't reach for it that much. It's a beautiful colour but it does have flecks of glitter in it (which I don't love), and as mentioned above, I'm more likely to reach for powders over creams or liquids like this.

There's a close-up so you have some idea of how much product is in the tub (a lot!):


Fingers crossed for me that we'll at least see a little more product gone from the tub by the end of the month. I may well find that I love it as a lip colour because the shade is perfect for lips too, and I've wondered whether it could double as a kind of eye base as well. I'll let you know!


Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Honeymoon Honey

Full review here. I love this product because the formula is great and the colour is perfect for a natural glow, plus the product lasts a lot better on the skin than other non-powder blushes.

It's more of a hard gel or balm in texture and it's easy enough to apply, it's just that I do tend to reach for powder products over this one because I have a few colours in this family and the powder products always win.

There's how much is gone from the tub:


You can see there's a dent in it but the product is getting a little old (I've had it for over a year now) so I wanted to include it and get some good use from it before it starts to turn.

If I can find ways to incorporate it into my daily routine - not only as a blush but as a blush base or a lip tint - then I may switch it over to Project Pan after I've Project Dented it because I'd much rather use it all up than see it go to waste.

In sum

Them's my products for August! 

For more info on Project Dent and why I'm doing it, see my introductory post here. It's basically a project I've introduced to complement Project Pan and make sure that all my products are getting a good workout as the months pass.

I'm looking forward to seeing a dent in the surface of that Josie Maran blush in particular, so fingers crossed for me that we'll see some good progress in a few weeks : )

'Till then xx


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.