Project Pan 2016 mini update #18

/
0 Comments

Well, it finally happened: I finished off the two eyeliners I've been using as part of Project Pan. Woot woot!

They've both been on my list for around a year so I'm glad to see the back of them, although I'll miss them because they did the job to my requirements (ha) and I'm not sure that my two replacement products will achieve the same things with ease because I haven't used them enough yet to find out.

Anyhoo. I guess we'll see.


There are my replacements above: a black eyeliner from Inika and a brown one from Stila (more on each below).

I did consider not including eyeliners on my PP list because these are the only two I have left (aside from a sparkly gold one) so there's no real rush to weed them from my collection before other products go rancid, but I decided that since they're pretty old, I may as well.


So, to replace my Teeez black eyeliner (which I use to line my upper waterline), I'm bringing in the sole remaining black eyeliner I have in my stores: my Inika Certified Organic Eyeliner in Black Caviar (reviewed here).

From memory this was one of the ridiculously large amount of black eyeliners I received from Lust Have It in a short space of time, and this and the Teeez product were the only ones that survived being passed on because they adhered better than most. It has a 36 month shelf-life but it's been open for 18 of those, so it's time to get cracking.

I don't use much black eyeliner per application so I'm fully expecting this to last around a year, maybe more.


And to replace the brown Dd'ell liner that I've been using to line my lower waterline (anything darker than brown closes in my eyes), I've got this Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Damsel.

This came as part of an eyeshadow palette and I've yet to review it, so I'm looking forward to giving it a good test run and letting you know how I go. 

One thing I've noticed from the couple of times that I've used this is that it's more pigmented and softer than the Dd'ell product, which sounds like a good thing in theory - but for me it isn't because I can only apply a very, very faint line if I want to avoid it looking too severe (I don't like the 'I'm wearing eyeliner' look on me), which means I'll have to be super careful with it. Hopefully practice will make perfect!

I expect this to last around a year as well.

In sum

I'm glad I've finally knocked off my PP eyeliners because they've been floating around for ages and I'm ready to try something else.

And once I've finished these, I'll be in the market for eyeliners because I won't have any - so there's a valid 'I need' makeup purchase on the horizon and I can't remember the last time I was out of any particular item completely! Let's call that an achievement ; )

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.