The procrastinating beauty blogger tag

/
0 Comments

I stumbled across another tag post last night and saved it because I thought I may as well do one more before I put the tags aside for now and go back to focusing on reviews. It has the word 'procrastinating' right there in the title, which fits because that's precisely what I'm doing by working on this and not something else!

I also liked the look of this one because it's short and sweet (some others contain over thirty questions) and it doesn't have any cross-over when it comes to questions I've already answered (some of the tag posts start to look remarkably similar after a while).

So without further ado, here's my last tag post for the time being. I hope you enjoy it : )


1. Name a beauty regime that you rarely do?

Ever since having my first child and, now, falling pregnant again, two areas of my body have suffered: my nails and hair.

While I never used to leave the house without straightening my frizzy, crazy mane, these days I just chuck it up in a bun and forget about it. I do miss how it looks when straightened, but whipping out the hot irons isn't something I have time for these days so my hair has been all but forgotten in the madness.

It's the same with my nails. My daughter isn't a day-sleeper so I struggle to find time to paint them, and forget about having my hands free long enough for them to dry properly. It's just not going to happen!

2. Is washing your makeup brushes something that you do regularly?

It is now. I used to be terrible at washing my brushes, but I've managed to get better at it so I'll do it maybe once a week. Whenever they start to look dirty.

I also have enough brushes now that I can use some for a week, then move on to others if I don't have time to wash my favourites. It's true that you can never have too many brushes, and part of the reason why is that you need to have clean ones on hand!


3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?

Haha. Oh, I can go weeks. Longer if we're talking about toenails in winter. This is one of the reasons why I've stopped doing them ever since having kids: if you don't do them, then you never have a chipped nails issue. Winning!

My husband's much happier with this situation because my nails were looking rubbish for a while: I'd do them, they would chip by the end of the day, and then I'd leave them like that for far too long. No more!

4. How long will you put off buying/replacing a beauty product, even if you need it?

First, I don't 'need' anything - and I shouldn't for a few years, even if I stopped buying new stuff. As for how long I'll wait before buying something, that depends on what it is and how much it costs.

For example, the latest Hourglass release is something I'm unlikely to sit on for too long (it's my favourite brand), but I've had enough restraint to not buy the Too Faced Chocolate Palette because I need to get through some of my older eyeshadows before I do. So I can be restrained enough to put off a purchase for over a year, but not with everything.


5. What's your worst beauty habit?

Hmmm. I probably have several but they're not coming to mind. I guess a lot of people would consider it a bad habit that I opt for sticking my finger into cream products (blushes, concealers etc), rather than using a clean brush. 

All I'll say to that one is, I'm a fingers applier wherever I can be and my hands are always clean before I use my products, and I can't be bothered washing any more brushes than I have to - so I'd prefer to wash my hands after application, rather than washing another brush! 

6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?

That's easy: my tax. Life would be so much easier come tax time if I logged my expenses etc weekly (or even monthly), but I've fallen into the habit of doing it all in one hit when June arrives. Not good! It's always a last-minute stress. I really need to get that one sorted.


7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute?

Before becoming a beauty junkie, I always left getting ready until the last minute. But since falling in love with makeup, I always leave myself plenty of time because I don't like rushing the process (it's become like meditation for me). If for some reason life has gotten in the way and the process has to be rushed, I really don't like it!

8. Can you commit to spending bans?

I can and I have. They're so tough and depressing though that I only do them if it's absolutely necessary (eg if we've had heaps of expenses and need to tighten the purse strings for a while). So I'll do them but I don't love doing them: I'd much rather ration my purchases over the year so there's always something new to buy and play with.


9. How organised are your makeup and nail polish collections?

I don't have a nail polish collection (just a few stray items received in sub boxes), so let's leave that question aside - but I do have a good amount of makeup and I keep that very organised. Indeed, it's probably the most organised area in our whole house!

I'm not a clean freak with anything else but my prized makeup stash, and I keep that lying in neat rows on a small bookcase in the bedroom. I like that I can see everything laid out before me (and I display pretty packaging there too - yes, I even have some boxes on display!) and arranging it like that (rather than in drawers) encourages me to keep the collection smaller so that it all fits.

In sum

I hope you liked this tag! I tag anyone and everyone who would like to have a go at it. Leave links to your posts in the comments and I'll be sure to look at them : )

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.