Questions for a beauty blogger tag

/
0 Comments

I'm having something of a tag moment so I thought I'd have a go at doing a few of the tags that have been floating around in the beauty community for the past little while.

I'm not sure whether they're all interesting to readers, so do let me know if you like them or not and I won't do them if they're not something that people really want to read.

Anyhoo. I saw this one and thought I may as well do it today since it's one that doesn't require too much creativity because the answers are straightforward, and I'm not feeling very creative after a bad night (I'm pregnant, which plays havoc with my sleep).

So without further ado...


1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?

It's wavy and frizzy. I used to straighten it all the time because it looks so much better that way, but I only do this for events these days because hair-straightening is one of those personal care things that dropped off the list after having kids.

2. What is your natural hair colour?

Dark brown.

3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?

I mostly don't dye it because I don't mind my natural hair colour and hairdressers are so expensive in Australia. When we lived in Berlin I got some highlights put in a couple of times (so much cheaper there!), but back home I'm more likely to throw in a temporary colour myself if I feel like a change.

4. How often do you wash your hair?

Every four or five days in summer, every five or six in winter. It's dry so I don't need to wash it very often, and it also looks better when it's a little dirty because it's easier to tame ; )

5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?

The same. I'm pregnant and I have a toddler, so my personal time is constricted and it's saved for work, this blog and playing with makeup and skincare. Hair-styling doesn't make the cut (no pun intended ; ) ).


6. How often do you change your nail polish?

I've stopped wearing it because it chips too quickly and looks rubbish, and I don't have enough time to keep my polish looking good. I was doing it fortnightly during the summer months, but at the moment it's not on my list of things I enjoy doing so I've left it aside for now.

7. How long does it take to put on your makeup?

That's a hard one. I work from home and I'm a primary carer, so makeup is something that happens in the spaces and doesn't have a time-limit, and I rarely get to put it all on in one go. I guess it takes about half an hour, all up?

8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?

The face. I know I should do my eyes first because it makes cleaning up mistakes easier, and I have done eyes first before but for some reason I find that starting from the ground up just works for me.

9. Do you 'collect' makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?

I fall somewhere in the middle. I have more makeup than one person needs and I do buy things even though I don't need them, but I wouldn't call myself a collector either because I only buy stuff that I know I'll get lots of use from. So eg I don't have bundles of different eyeshadow palettes and limited edition items that I've bought just to have, because I would feel overwhelmed if I had too much stuff!

10. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?

Yes! Makeup and skincare are my meditation, so I always make time for them. Putting my face on is a little space in the day that's just mine, so I always do it because it helps keep me sane.


11. How many high end products do you have?

Quite a few. I love Hourglass, Becca and Kevyn Aucoin products in particular. I used to have a lot more budget makeup but it's the higher end ones that make me feel special, so those are the ones I'm mostly drawn to.

12. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?

Not often enough! Generally when they're really dirty, although I have become better at it. I have a few bunches on rotation and the ones in use get washed every week or so.

13. How often do you change your handbag?

Rarely. I tend to buy clothing and accessories from op shops, so I'll find a handbag in an op shop, use it to death and then source another one after it's fallen apart.

14. Do you read other blogs?

Daily. I love beauty so I'm always checking out reviews and posts on new releases in particular.

15. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?

A Sony Cyber-shot. It's my husband's and he never uses it (he uses his phone for pictures), so I've claimed it for blog pictures. I'd love to get some better camera equipment and lighting, but those things aren't top of the list in terms of expenses so they'll have to wait.

In sum

I hope you enjoyed this tag! Do let me know in the comments if there are any particular tags you would like me to do.

I'm meant to tag five beauty bloggers at the end of this post, but I'd rather just tag anyone and everyone who wants to do it : )

Speak soon xx


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.