Project Pan 2016 mini update #19

/
0 Comments

We're getting closer to the end of the month and I was going to hold over these two empties for my full update next week, but since there's still over a week left in the month, I thought I'd update you now: who knows, I might finish off something else by then!

So yes, I've finally finished my Alpha-H Cleansing Oil and my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser in Sand. The Alpha-H product I finished a few days ago, but I waited to update you because I knew the tinted moisturiser was on its last legs, and indeed I knocked it off this morning. Hooray!

I wanted to replace each with a product from the same category, and one that's been hanging around in my collection for too long. So, these are the products I'm now adding to my PP list:


Alpha-H Liquid Gold Smoothing & Perfecting Mask 

Full review here. If you read this blog, you may know that this is one of the few Alpha-H products that I don't like. Problem is, it doesn't do what it's meant to do and instead leaves my skin looking duller and drier after use (the opposite of what it should do!).

And unfortunately, I keep winding up with tubes of the stuff! This is my second or third 30ml tube and I've also used a couple of 15ml ones too. I think because it's a cult product that many people love, Alpha-H often includes it in kits and as GWPs in different promotions so it keeps falling in my lap.

Anyhoo. I'm including it here because I've been putting off using it in favour of newer masks that I like better, but I would like to open this (yes, it's brand new) and use it all up because I have found a way to make it work better for me: I add some of my Argo Naturals Pure Thanaka Powder (reviewed here) to it and it suddenly becomes a better product. If I hadn't made that discovery, I'd be sending it to a better home.

I've no idea how long this tube will last me: three months? I'll only be applying it once or twice a week, so I suspect it will last longer than I think.

Stila Stay all Day 10-in-1 HD Bronzing Beauty Balm

Full review here. I like this product, but it's been open for over a year now so it's time to get through it. It's been a super useful product for me because in the past I've used it to darken any base that's too light for me, although lately my bases have been too dark (and have needed a paler mixer), so I've been using this mixed in with my primer to add a bronze glow that works well under makeup (and it complements my existing sun protection because it has an SPF of 30 itself).

Since I've been using it daily anyway for the last few months, I thought I may as well include it to replace the Laura Mercier tint. I may also be able to mix it with those pale Nars foundation samples on my PP list, to help get through those more quickly too.

In sum

That's all from me! It hasn't been a bad PP month for me so far and I've already knocked off a good few products. Fingers crossed for me that I can finish at least one more by September : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.