August 2016 favourites

/
0 Comments

I always look forward to choosing my favourites for the month, and this month is no exception. I usually try to limit my list to five things just to keep things short and sweet, and also because I get a little lost in long lists of favourites myself, so I'd prefer to keep things smaller.

Do let me know if you're happy with a shorter list, or whether you'd prefer to see more products : )

In no particular order...


Ren Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser


Full review here. Indeed, I only posted on this today so it's front of mind! I absolutely love this cleanser and it's one I've been enjoying almost every day for the past couple of months.

It's a beautifully smooth, silky clay that feels so wonderfully creamy and cooling against the skin that I'd almost recommend it for the texture alone. It also smells sweetly of almond meal and I love everything about the experience of using it. Plus it's gentle but effective enough for a morning cleanse, and it doesn't dry out my dry skin - even though it's more geared towards oily or blemish-prone skin.

Just gorgeous. Better still, the huge bottle is reasonably priced.


Banana Boat Soothing Aloe Mist After Sun Spray

If I haven't included this in a favourites before, I definitely should have - it would have to be my best budget find of the year to date. Full review here.

I use this as a facial spray throughout the day over makeup, and it's wonderfully cooling. My skin always looks more hydrated and feels more refreshed after using this, which is all I'm after and it works a lot better for this purpose than many other facial sprays I've used. Even better, it's the cheapest one I've used!

I also feel that it helps my makeup 'merge' together so it looks more blended and natural, and it plumps my skin so I look a touch less wrinkly because it's so hydrating. Huzzah!


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion

This might just be my favourite Hourglass blush. While I do have the palette and also love Mood Exposure and Incandescent Electra, this is the one I reach for the most because it just works with my colouring. Full review here.

If you haven't tried these, you must. They make my cheeks look like they've been kissed by angels (ha) and they're my favourite blushes on the market - with Becca and Kevyn Aucoin's offerings coming a close second.

While they don't come cheap, it's worth going in-store to have one applied to your face, just to see the magic. Then you can always save up for your favourite if you love these as much as I do : )


Jersey Shore Cosmetics Whole Body Balm

This came in a sub box and while you can use it for many things, my preferred use is to apply it just before I go to bed, to help condition my lashes and hydrate my eye area. I've reviewed it here.

This has been one of those products that slotted beautifully into my routine, and now that I'm almost at the end of the little tube, I'm wondering what I'll do without it! Might have to find a similar replacement.

What I love about this is that it adds an extra burst of hydration to my dry, tired eyes (I apply it a good few hours after my nightly eye cream), which means I've been able to use up lesser eye creams at night because I know this will pick up any slack (no pun intended ; ) ).


Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Love

This came in one of my Mecca Beauty Loop Boxes, and while I personally wouldn't spend $50 AUD on the (rather small) full size, I've really been enjoying this sample throughout August. Full review here.

What I love about this gloss is that it's beautifully light in texture, rich and moisturising without being sticky, and it's not one of those products that dries out your lips with repeated use - indeed, I find it to be quite nourishing and I don't need a balm when I use this.

It also stays on the lips a little better than other glosses I've used, plus it plumps up my lips and reduces the look of lines. A beautiful product.

In sum

It was super easy to pick out my favourites this month because everything in this bunch has been ahead of the pack and I've been loving them all for the past month at least.

Do let me know if you've tried any of these and what you think of them if so, or whether you have anything else you've been loving this month that you can recommend.

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.