Project Pan 2016 update #8

/
0 Comments

Welcome to my August Project Pan update! It's been a pretty good month, I'm pleased to report: I've finished seven full-sized products, which was the PP record I set in June and I can't believe I've already repeated it! Yay.

Here are the two products I've managed to finish since my last mini update:


That Inika Primer has been open for well over a year now, so I'm pleased I managed to finish it before it turned. It's a product I love and do plan to repurchase some day soon, particularly if I can find it discounted online.

The Nars Sheer Glow Foundation sample in Santa Fe is one I'm pleased to see the back of, since I'm no fan of the formula (for some reason it looks like a mask on me and also pools in pores, although I know it works for many!). I'm not counting this as a product knocked off the list until I finish the other two samples (see below).

As for the rest of the list, here's how it looks:
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Liquid) in Moonstone
  • Croquis Duo Concealer
  • Evelyn Iona Natural and Organic Concealer in Flawless
  • The Cosmetic Kitchen Pressed Mineral Blush in Raw Cacao
  • Lust Have It Sunset Strobe Natural Highlighter
  • Mememe Cosmetics Goddess Rocks 
  • Be a Bombshell Eye Base in Nudist
  • GHD Straight & Tame Cream
  • Natural World Moroccan Argan Oil
  • Sportsgirl Lipstick in Beauty Queen
  • Sportsgirl Lipstick in Whirlwind
  • Alpha-H Liquid Gold Smoothing & Perfecting Mask 
  • Stila Stay all Day 10-in-1 HD Bronzing Beauty Balm
  • Nars foundation samples (one of three down)
  • Inika Certified Organic Eyeliner in Black Caviar
  • Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Damsel
  • Alpha-H Liquid Laser Cleansing Oil with White Mulberry
  • Inika Certified Organic Pure Primer
  • Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 in Sand
  • Teeez Eyeliner in Black
  • Dd'ell Eyeliner in Brown
  • Cheek Room Lip Palette
  • Becca Sheer Tint Lip Colour in Milla

That's sixteen products in total, and since I wanted to keep my list at around the fifteen mark, I'm happy with that for now (although I have added in one more item, which you'll see at the end of this post).

As for my other PP products, let's have a quick look at each one in turn (and if you want to see how much of each was gone at the end of July, see my last full PP update here):


I haven't even opened my Nars foundation samples in Fiji and Deauville because I wanted to knock off Sante Fe first. I expect they'll each take at least six weeks to get through, since I'm using them as mixer products only for bases that are too dark for me (they're both too pale). So long as they're gone by the end of the year, I'll be happy with that.

I've hit 'pan' on my Evelyn Iona Concealer, which I'm pleased about but there's a long way to go yet. Maybe I'll finish it by the end of the year and maybe I won't - concealers do last ages!

My Croquis Duo Concealer is finally on its last legs: I've had to remove the stopper from both ends to get to the last bits of product, and while there's still a decent amount in there, I hope to be finished with it sometime in September. Fingers crossed!


Next up, my two Sportsgirl Lipsticks in Beauty Queen and Whirlwind. I'm wearing these daily together because they make a perfect creamy lavender shade that I'm really enjoying as we come into spring - and it's saved me buying a dedicated lavender lipstick, which I'd wanted to do until I saw how these looked together : )

Beauty Queen is vanishing faster than Whirlwind because it's in the cream formula so I use it for hydration (Whirlwind is matte), but once that's gone I have a Shanghai Suzy creamy pink lipstick that I plan to mix with Whirlwind to get a similar shade.


That Be a Bombshell Eye Base is getting smaller and smaller as the months pass. I'll have to rememebr to do one of my 'how long does it take to finish?' posts on it soon because that was one of the reasons I wanted to include it on my PP list.

My Stila and Inika eyeliners were only introduced to my list this month, so I've hardly used any of them and I expect them to be slow-going because I barely use any of either per application (I'm not big on strong eyeliner on my eyes - it doesn't suit me). If they're hanging round on the list for too long, I might actually switch them out: they're my only two eyeliners anyway so I'm in no rush to get through them.


My Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone is also vanishing quickly enough, since I use a good squirt of it every day to add some glow to my base and also bring down the colour of my summer products (which are currently too dark for me - but perhaps not for long, now that the sun's coming out!). I love this product but I have three of these in different shades and I wanted to streamline my collection down to two.

The Stila Bronzing Beauty Balm is also a newer inclusion, but I've been using it daily for ages to beef up the sun protection in my primer or day cream and also give myself a bronze glow. There's perhaps a quarter left? In any event, I expect it to last out the year because I only use a little each time - it's quite pigmented so I can't use too much.


As for my powders, you can see I've made good in-roads into both the blush from The Cosmetic Kitchen and the bronzer from Mememe Cosmetics

I'm getting through them so quickly because I'm using the Mememe rocks crushed up in my body cream (they add a nice bronze glow) and the blush is getting used to top up my bronzer, eyeshadow and blush as those fade throughout the day. I've also started using it as a dry shampoo because I'm keen to finish it by the end of the year, and I don't know how I'd do it otherwise!

As for the Lust Have It Highlighter, that's slow-going at the moment because I'm only using it to top up my highlighter later in the day, but once it's warmer and I start showing more skin, I plan to use it on my body (collarbones, shoulders, down the shins) because it's subtle and will work well for that purpose. 


Last up, my non-makeup items. I really can't believe that my GHD Straight & Tame Cream is still going: not only am I using it on my own hair, but also on my daughter's hair (daily) because it really helps me brush the knots out of her curls. Honestly, hair products can be never-ending - I should have learned my lesson by now and stopped including them!

The Natural World hair oil is getting there: there's around one-tenth left. It may or may not be gone by the end of September, but I'd like to finish it soon because I want to open something new : )

As for the Alpha-H mask, I've only just moved that into circulation and even though it's a 30ml travel size, I expect it to last for ages because I only use it around once a week. It's not a mask I love, but I can make it work by mixing it with my Argo Naturals Pure Thanaka Powder.

That's it! As for what I'm bringing into circulation:


The Cosmetic Kitchen Macadamia Wax Creme Highlighter

Full review here. I love this product: it offers such a gorgeous, believable glow to the cheeks that's perfect for the summer months. Problem is, I never use mine because I always find myself heading for my powders!

This is in fact my second one of these and the second that I'm including in a Project Pan (the first was finished last year, from memory). I wound up with two via sub boxes, and since this has been open for over a year, it's definitely time to get through it.

I haven't worked out exactly what I'll do with it yet: I may make it my go-to highlight for summer, use it as a base for powder highlighters, or even mix it in with my foundation once I'm through Becca Moonstone. We'll see. It'll take a good six months of solid use to get through it, but I'd like to do that before it goes off because it's a great product and I'd hate to see it wasted.

In sum

That's my update for August - not a bad PP month, I must say! 

I'm really looking forward to the warmer weather because that means dusting off a few products I've been ignoring, and also means that I won't need to keep lightening all my summer bases with mixer products ; )

Let's hope September is another reasonable month so I can bring some new stuff into circulation. 

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.