Marie Claire Ageless Parcel, August 2016

/
0 Comments

Look what showed up during the week - hooray!

For once in my life I was good and didn't check out the spoilers on Facebook prior to receiving my box, so its contents were a nice surprise and I'd only heard wind of the Jeunesse product prior to opening mine. 

I'm honestly not sure about whether that makes the whole experience better - I mean, it's still a surprise whenever you see the contents, yes? - but I suppose it's nice to see what you're getting when it's right there before you, rather than (hopefully) in the post.


I think it's a good-looking, varied box - and I'd be more excited about it if I wasn't experiencing a bit of 'sub box fatigue', if you know what I mean. 

The Jeunesse product is easily the most exciting thing in here (and the most pricey), and while there's nothing wrong with the rest of the contents, I do feel like I've seen it all before and it's hard to rustle up any enthusiasm over the Philosophy cleanser (used it, don't like it) or yet another nailpolish from OPI.

Still, at least everything will get used. You can't ask for much more than that.


Jeunesse Global Instantly Ageless 50 x 0.3ml sachets (RRP $96.80; received full size)

Now these look interesting, and they don't come cheap either. Indeed, this one product has skyrocketed the overall value of the box.

These little sachets apparently contain a hydrating microcream (whatever that is) that helps restore fullness while minimising the appearance of pores and fine lines. They're meant to target any decrease in your skin's firmness and elasticity, and it looks like you apply them in the morning before makeup.

While I'm definitely looking forward to trying these, I've also wound up with an abundance of day creams lately so these will have to get in line. Fingers crossed I like them, but not too much - I don't want to love something that's going to cost $100 every two months to replace!


Palmolive Oil Infusions Body Moisturiser (RRP $5.99 for 200ml; received full size)

I'm pregnant at the moment so I'm going through body cream like nobody's business, since it helps to keep my itchy, dry skin at bay.

According to the card, this is a hydrating yet lightweight formula that promises to leave your skin smooth and supple. I'll definitely use this and I'm glad that it comes with a pump, and I haven't seen it on the shelves at the supermarket before so I'm looking forward to trying it out.


L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Magic Blur Day Cream (RRP $34.95 for 50ml; received full size)

Ooops, two day creams in the same box. While they look quite different, we did receive a Garnier day cream in the last edit of The Parcel (plus two face creams in the last Ageless Parcel edit), so I'd say I'm not the only one who needs a break from day creams for now.

This one will apparently help you achieve a lit-from-within radiance, and it contains a blend of active ingredients and light-blurring polymers that should help reduce the appearance of fine lines, pores and wrinkles.

I haven't had a lot of luck with skincare from pharmacy brands like L'Oreal, so I don't have high hopes for this but I'll keep an open mind until I try it.


O.P.I Nail Lacquer in Mod-ern Girl (RRP $19.95 for 15ml; received full size)

I really feel like we've seen enough polishes from Marie Claire for the moment, so this inclusion doesn't wow me and I'm not sure whether I'll keep it because I'm not painting my nails these days - too much effort, given how quickly they chip and how little time I have.

Nevertheless, at least OPI is a decent brand and I'm sure many lasses will be happy with this inclusion, and even if I don't keep mine, I'm sure I'll be able to find someone who'll gladly use it.


Philosophy Purity Made Simple 3-in-1 Cleanser (RRP $30 for 240ml; received 30ml sample)

This is designed to cleanse and tone the skin, while wiping away makeup and hydrating your face at the same time. I've used it before and didn't think much of it, but I'll throw it in my travel bag because it'll be useful come October when we're in hospital after giving birth.

Elizabeth Arden City Smart SPF 50 Hydrating Shield (RRP $89 for 40ml; received 5ml sample)

A purse-sized facial sunscreen will never go astray so that's a plus, but I do feel like we've overdone Elizabeth Arden recently and I'm ready for a break from the brand.

This is apparently a clever cream that lets you smog-proof your skin before you leave the house by building up a barrier around your skin (with UV protection and DNA enzymes) to help pollution from penetrating.


The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Sleeping Cream (RRP $54.95 for 80ml; received 5ml sample)

Overnight products are really having their moment (as cleansing oils did not so long ago), and while I'm always up for trying another one, I feel like The Body Shop has also been done to death recently and I wouldn't mind a break from this brand too.

According to the card, this cream contains a unique blend of precious oils and powerful essential oils that helps to moisturise and rejuvenate your complexion while you rest. Another one for the hospital bag.

SK-II R.N.A Eye Cream (RRP $149 for 15g; received 2.5g sample)

This is probably the second-most exciting item in the box for me, since we haven't seen a lot from SK-II and I know that many women swear by the brand's products, which are generally out of my price range.

The cream is apparently a potent anti-ageing formula that promises to strengthen the delicate eye area, helping with sagging skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Yep, you guessed it - this is for the hospital sack too ; )

In sum

This is a great-value box and the RRP of the contents comes in at over $200. Not bad if you're paying $22.50 per box!

While I'm happy with the box and I'll use everything (except perhaps the nailpolish), I do feel like these boxes are starting to look very similar: I'd love to see more interesting and innovative products in them, rather than items I've seen many times before.

Still, you can't fault a box that contains something for everyone and delivers so well in terms of value, and if I had to pick one of Marie Claire's subscription box offerings, I would definitely recommend this over The Parcel because I think it's been consistently better overall.

Do let me know if you received this box and what you think of it if so : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.