June 2015 empties #1: finished beauty products this month

/
0 Comments

I've again made the belated decision to divide my empties post this month in two.

This is partly because we're doing a big clean up at the moment and I'm removing anything from the house that doesn't need to be here, and also because the empties have been stacking up again and there's too much for one post.


The Cosmetic Kitchen Raw Chocolate Clay Mask and Raw Cacao Chocolate Bath Salts

We were away recently and the holiday apartment had a bath, so I was finally able to use the chocolate bath salts (reviewed here). I really enjoyed using them - they smelled delicious and added to the experience of having a bath - and I think they were the better of the two products. Having said this, I'm not prepared to drop almost $20 on bath salts, so purchasing those is a no.

As for the mask (reviewed here), this was a Lust Have It inclusion (as were the bath salts) and it's not something I would have bought for myself. Mix-it-yourself masks are too messy and too much hassle for someone as lazy as I am, plus I don't think it did anything amazing for my face so the effort wasn't worth it for me. It does smell delicious though: I half-wanted to eat it. Purchase? No.



Evas Cosmetics Vitamin Cleansing Dessert in 01 Berry Mix

This was a Memebox inclusion and I didn't like it at all so I'm glad to be done with it. Full review here. It's a facial cleanser but I've been using it as a body wash just to get through it. It's thick and yoghurty and foams like crazy, and it smells sickly sweet - the scent was almost enough to make me throw this out long ago but I persisted because I don't like waste. This doesn't feel like it cleans that well and I wouldn't recommend it at all, even if you can handle the smell and odd consistency. Purchase? No.

L'Oreal Elvive Anti-frizz Conditioner

I absolutely love this conditioner (and its matching shampoo) and I really need to write a full review of the products. My mum was the one who found these for me, based on her hairdresser's recommendation, and they're really wonderful products. They clean and condition well without weighing the hair down. On top of that, the really do manage frizz! Repurchase? Absolutely.



Project Pan 2015: Mellow Bronzer and Be a Bombshell Blush in Glowing Goddess

I've said a lot about these two so I won't rehash all that here. Suffice to say that I like both these products (hurrah for decent low-cost makeup!) but probably won't buy them because I have more than enough stuff in the cheek department. Still, I recommend both if you're on a budget. Repurchase? Maybe if I didn't have too much stuff.



Suki Balancing Facial Oil and Transformative Purifying Masque

These were part of a Suki trial kit I used recently (reviewed here). I loved the kit as a whole and it really cleared my face up: I've broken out again now that I've finished most of the products. I loved the facial oil but unfortunately the mask didn't do much for me and I don't think it's worth its hefty price tag. Still, the kit itself is definitely worth a go as a whole if you want to target some blemishes. Repurchase? Yes.


Ren Keep Young and Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot

Full review here. This was a free sample and I ended up with two of them. It's had some great reviews (as well as some bad ones) and I have to say that I agree with the bad ones. It does temporarily enhance radiance but I don't think it nourishes my skin because it seems to sit on top of my face, rather than sinking in. It also feels sticky and makes my skin look dry and lacklustre about ten minutes after I've applied it, so I need to throw heaps of moisturiser on top of it to combat this. Not what it's meant to do! Purchase? No.

Estée Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-aging Creme

This was from The Parcel and I didn't think much of it at all unfortunately. Full review here. It has a nice texture and it doesn't feel greasy or look shiny, but it doesn't feel like it has enough punch for my dry skin. I've been using this every day (and night) since I received it, and I need to apply a better moisturiser over the top each time because this doesn't hydrate me enough: if anything, I reckon it dehydrates my skin. Purchase? No.

Glamglow Powermud Dual Cleanse Treatment

Full review here. I wound up with two decent samples of this product, and while I love using it because it smells lovely and feels nice on my face, it doesn't actually do anything useful for my skin. I would expect a slight brightening effect after using a product like this, but unfortunately my face looks more dull after using it. It's quite expensive and I don't think it adds anything to my cleansing routine, so it's not worth the outlay - at least for me. Purchase? No.


Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo

This was from a Priceline haircare bag and I didn't think much of it at all. Full review here. I've seen from online reviews that other Batiste dry shampoos are great but this XXL version isn't, and while I've tried nothing else from the brand, I agree this isn't very good. It only manages the grease factor a little, and it makes your hair look dull and feel dry and crunchy in the process (it feels like you've applied hairspray). Not what you want from a dry shampoo! Purchase? No.

L'Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream in Shea Vanilla Bouquet

I received this hand cream in The Parcel and I've been through so many of them because they're often included as GWPs with magazines etc. It's fine but I don't love it as much as so many people do - I find that it leaves a greasy residue on my hands and I don't like the scent (too sweet for me). My husband however loved this little cream and he was responsible for finishing most of it: I often found him rummaging around in my handbag to find it! Purchase? No.

In sum

There should be quite a few more empties this month: this lot represents about half of them. Huzzah! It's not a great bunch of products: the Suki oil would have to be the best of the lot, and while the Glamglow cleanser didn't do much for my skin, I did really enjoy using it so I'm glad I got a chance to.

Looking forward to more empties by the month's end : )




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.