Project Pan 2015: Update #7

/
0 Comments
I haven't done a full PP update for six weeks now - oops! That's because there wasn't much to report though and I've been waiting to get through a few things before posting.

Happily I've knocked three things off the list now and a few others are getting close to being finished.

Let's kick off with my last PP list:
  • Too Faced BB in Linen Glow
  • MAC Strobe Cream
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Top Coat
  • ModelCo Colourbox Eyeshadow in Tahiti
  • Emite Make Up Precision Eye Pencil in Spir
  • The Cosmetic Kitchen Macadamia Wax Creme Highlighter
  • 'Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Eyeshadow + Base
  • Benefit Boi-ing concealer
  • OCC Lip Tar in Cha Cha
  • theBalm Shelter Tinted Moisturiser in Medium and Light/Medium (on hold)
  • theBalm Time Balm Primer (on hold)
  • Polished London Nailpolish (switched out because it chips within a day)
  • Be a Bombshell Blush in Glowing Goddess (I moved this back in and switched out Raspberry Tart)
  • Mellow Bronzer
  • Maybelline FitMe Pressed Powder

Here's what I've finished:


Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder

I finished this one while we were in Queensland at the beginning of the month. I took it away with me and promised I'd be through it by the end of the holiday: this meant twice-daily applications and using it as a dry shampoo, but I achieved my goal!


The Mello Bronzer was something of a casualty in the end. As you can see from the photo, the lid broke away from the pan - meaning the bottom constantly dropped when I picked it up and I lost quite a bit of product that way. There was still a bit left, though, and I ended up using it while away to darken my base by mixing it through: the base wasn't warm enough and was greasy (that's the Too Faced product below) and this really helped manage the oil factor and darken the product in a way that looked natural. I love discovering alternative uses for things by accident!

The Be a Bombshell Blush in Glowing Goddess was getting old and starting to crumble, and I lost quite a bit of that too. I did salvage what I could and I may use that as a dry shampoo, but I'm glad to finally see the back of at least one blush.

Here's where some of my other products are at:


These two were getting to that point where they were hard to squeeze out of the tube, so I cut the tubes open and transferred the products into containers to protect them from air.

There's still a bit left of each (it's surprising how much remains in these tubes, even though you can't squeeze any more out) so I won't be surprised if they're not gone for another few weeks.


The pencils I'm getting through slowly. The Emite cream one will be the first to go because it's lighter and sheerer (so you use more on each application), but it will still last a good few months of daily use.


That Benefit Boi-ing Concealer has lasted so much longer than expected! I feel like I'll never get through it, but it is looking more worn as time passes.

You can't really see where the OCC Lip Tar is at from the photo, but I've used enough that I can tell it's been well-loved.

The ModelCo eyeshadow is still going strong and, I'll be honest, I'm not using it every day. It'll still be in circulation for Project Pan 2020 at this rate (and I'm not even exaggerating).

As for the other (not pictured) products, I use the 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordial almost daily as an eye primer, but I don't think I've made much of a dent in it. The Sally Hansen Top Coat gets used whenever I do my nails, which isn't often because I've got a baby and it's all too hard (no time to paint them or let them dry!). And I do use The Cosmetic Kitchen highlighter daily, but I use so little each time that I've no idea how long it will survive: indeed, it may well dry out before I've finished the tube.

I'm only introducing two products because my list is big enough as it is:


I've been earning my contouring stripes over the past few months and I now contour almost daily. I've been using powders for that but I thought I'd use a cream highlighter because that will look more dewy and I don't know how I'll use this product otherwise: I received it in Violet Box and it's taken me a while to work out what to do with it.


theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer

I love this bronzer and I'm happy to move it back into rotation (it was on my PP list earlier in the year but I decided to get through the Mellow Bronzer first). I've reviewed it here.

I'll mainly use it as a sculpting powder because it's a great colour for that, particularly now that the weather is cooler and my skin is paler (I need a warmer sculpting powder when my skin is more tanned).

I want to finish another bronzer so I can justify buying a Burberry product I've had my eye on for a while. Once this is done, I'll only have two bronzers and that's definitely not enough for a dedicated beauty junkie ; )


Emite Makeup BB Highlighting Pen in Coco

I've reviewed this product here. I don't love it but I can find some uses for it - even if only to conceal or highlight where my pores aren't bad (since this product sits in pores), and I do need a highlighter pair for the bronzer above. There's probably some rule against pairing a cream highlighter with a contouring product that's a powder, but if there is, I'm going to break it.

In sum

I'm very glad to have knocked three products off the list and look forward to getting through some more. I was hating Project Pan for a while there but I've worked out that as long as I can change my eyeshadow, blush and lipstick on a daily basis, I'm ok sticking to the same products for the rest of my face.

I'll check back in soon with another update : )




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.