Marie Claire's The Parcel, Winter Edit

/
0 Comments

Man was I excited to see this when it showed up yesterday. I'd only taken a quick look on Facebook to see what was inside it, but looked away before I knew too much because I wanted to have more of a surprise this month.

It was one of those days yesterday (hence the extra excitement when this arrived) and all I had time for was taking a couple of photos in the few moments that my daughter wasn't unsettled - I couldn't even take all the photos in one hit!

Anyhoo. Hopefully we're in for a better day today.


As always The Parcel is jam-packed with products and, also as always, I'm not as excited with the contents as I am with my monthly Violet Box because The Parcel contains brands I already know of and not boutique and interesting discoveries.

That's ok, and it's what one expects with The Parcel because it isn't known for bringing us new brands, but I do prefer those boxes that aren't filled with mainstream products - although it's all personal preference and at least The Parcel is good value.


There's a nice mix of products in this box, although for some reason we received the Neutrogena cleansing towelettes again: we got those in the last box and it's a bit disappointing to see them twice.

The other disappointment (for me at least) is that the only brand that hasn't already featured in The Parcel yet - aside from Woolies, which I'm studiously ignoring - is Lanolips, included in the form of the Lemonaid Lip Aid, two of which I already own. I guess what I'm getting at is that there's nothing in here that I mightn't have already used or found for myself.


Hoh well, it's all luck of the draw, yes?


Lanolips Lemonaid Lip Aid (RRP $15.95; received full size)

This is apparently a rich, whipped lanolin treatment that contains more than 70% ultra medical-grade lanolin to soften the lips and organic lemon oil to naturally exfoliate the lips.

I've already reviewed this product: see here. In short, this absolutely smells like lemonade and I do think it lives up to its claims - it's rich and creamy, and offers a gloss with a hint of shimmer. What I don't think it does is exfoliate, but otherwise it's a nice product. I just don't need three of these, so this one's headed for the gift pile.


L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes So Couture (RRP $27.95; received full size)

I'm usually up for another mascara but I still haven't opened the one from the last edit of The Parcel because I have a few in stock, so I'm not that thrilled to add yet another one to the pile. This item alone however does cover the value of the box, so that's something.

According to the card, this delivers clean, clump-free volume and the finest silky formula. The brush has 408 mini bristles to capture and extend each individual lash.

I'm all for mini bristles and thinner wands because I find those easier to use, so let's hope I like this product.


Woolworths Select Quick & Easy Nail Polish 30 Removal Wipes (RRP $2)

Good lord, I never thought I'd see a Woolworths product show up in a box that's meant to contain fancy goodies! Still, I'll definitely use these and I have some Manicare wipes that I love and don't have a back-up for, so hopefully these do the job just as well.

They're apparently free from acetone and scented with aloe vera. I'll be interested to see if they're any good!


John Frieda Beach Blonde Cool Dip Shampoo, Smooth Seas Detangling Conditioner and Ocean Waves Sea Salt Spray (RRP $16.99 for the full sized items; received sample sizes)

According to the card, happily these products aren't just for blondes and aim to give you gorgeous, beachy waves. My hair is naturally wavy (but looks much better straight) so I'm not sure whether I'll keep these or pass them on. I'll give them a crack to see if they're suitable for my dry hair, and if not, they're headed for the gift pile too.


Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes (RRP $3.99)

As mentioned, we received these in the last edit of The Parcel and I've no idea why they've been included again. Full review here.

At least they'll get used.


Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mask For Intense Hydration (RRP $25 for a pack of 5; received 4 masks)

I wonder why we received four of these when one extra would have constituted a full-sized pack? I guess they only had so many to give out.

Anyhoo. If you read this blog, you'll know how I feel about sheet masks (they annoy the crap out of me and I'm sick of seeing them in sub boxes), but at least these aren't from Lonvitalite because if I see that brand again I'll crack it ; )

I'll give them a go. You never know, I might like them.


Estée Lauder Revitalising Supreme Global Anti-aging Creme (RRP $80 for 30ml; received 5ml sample)

I'm pleased to see another sample from Estée Lauder because I do like the brand's skincare products that I've tried so far.

This is apparently a super-luxe cream that works to soften skin, smooth lines and boost luminosity, all while working on your specific anti-ageing concerns. You use it day and night after cleansing.

I'm looking forward to giving this one a go. I reckon it's the most exciting item in the box.


O.P.I Nail Lacquer (RRP $19.95)

Look, O.P.I is a good brand but we've received polishes from these guys before in The Parcel, and I'm not sure how I feel about white nailpolish. I have a feeling it's going to look tacky, although I'll give it a go - hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. At least I didn't receive red or something glittery again: I receive far too many of those types of polish and I'm glad to try something else.

In sum

This is a good value box with over $100 worth of products inside it, it's just that I'm not that thrilled by the contents. It's all a bit same-same to me. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Still, at least I'll potentially use most things in the box, so that's always a plus.




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.