2018 skincare no buy: announcement

/
0 Comments

Hi all, I wanted to let you know that I'm winding up my 2018 skincare no buy two weeks early. Reason being, my stores are so low now that it's gotten to the point where I need to replace too much stuff - so I would either have to do a bunch of 'essential purchase' updates in the next two weeks, or otherwise buy that stuff now but pretend I hadn't until 1 June (as if I would do that ; )).

As you may know, I've been on a skincare no buy since the beginning of December 2017 and my aim was to go until 1 June 2018, at which point I would allow myself to replenish my stores and then decide whether I needed to reinstate the ban once June (being my birthday month) was over.

So I've done almost six months, and I reckon that's pretty good!


I also wanted to let you know that my husband and I bought some things from Priceline yesterday because one of those Priceline skincare baggies was available, and since he hadn't bought me a Mother's Day present (I'd told him not to because funds are tight), we realised it would be a way to buy things we needed anyway and use the baggie as my present, while heading off some imminent skincare purchases at the pass.

That is, the Priceline baggie itself would plug many of the current/impending gaps in my skincare collection, and to qualify for the GWP, we were able to buy basics like sunscreen, body oil and body lotion for the kids - all of which we chose from participating brands that were 40% off at Priceline anyway. So it was one of those 'spend money now to save money later' situations, and I promise those DO really exist. 

Also note that I won't include the baggie goods in the updated skincare inventory I'll post shortly - for the simple reason that one of the aims of my inventory was to keep track of how many things I went through during my no buy, so I don't want to muck up the numbers if that makes sense. In any event, I'm writing this at 5am and no one's awake to give me my Mother's Day present - so I don't technically have the baggie yet. (Yeah ok, long bow Jane.)

Anyhoo. I'll likely do more posts related to the skincare no buy (eg a round-up post on essential purchases, how I went with it all, whether I'll switch to a low buy going forward etc), but for now I just wanted to let you know that my no buy is DONE.

Huzzah!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.