Project Pan 2018: May update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my May Project Pan update.

Please note: I'm a few days late with this (I normally do PP updates on the 25th), but that's ok because I'm still playing catch-up after we went on holiday last month and I wasn't able to get April's update done until the 30th.

First off, you'll see above that I finished my Marc Jacobs eyeliner, although note that I didn't quite finish it: unfortunately it completely dried out so I can no longer use it. I've no idea how that happened because it's not very old and I always keep the cap on tightly, but it's made me a bit nervous about ever buying one of these because they're expensive so I'd want to be able to use every drop.

Hoh well. As for the rest of my list:


I now have nine products left, these being:

  • J.One Jelly Pack
  • Mecca Cosmetica Lit From Within Illuminating Drops
  • Chantecaille Just Skin Anti Smog Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15
  • BareMinerals BareSkin Serum Concealer in Medium Golden
  • RCMA No Colour Powder
  • Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed
  • Laura Mercier Baked Powder in Highlight 01
  • Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in 555 Naked Coral
  • Skinstitut Enzymatic Micro Peel
  • Savvy Eyebrow Pencil & Wax in Light
  • Marc Jacobs Highliner in Blacquer

So I've only finished two products this month and one of those wasn't actually finished, meaning that May has got to be one of my worst panning months on record. Hoh well. Perhaps June will be better.

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.

First up, my Urban Decay bronzer. As it was last month:


And now, at the end of May:


As you can see, I've just re-pressed it. Now I wasn't planning to re-press it until I'd done this update post, but unfortunately the product cracked and lifted itself out of the pan a few days ago and I wasn't able to use it without losing chunks of product when I did, so I didn't have much choice in the matter.

There's not a huge amount left now and I expect it to be gone by the end of June. If I manage that, I'll be down three bronzers already this year. Woot woot!

My Laura Mercier highlighter, as it was last month:


End of May:


This isn't an easy product to photograph but I can tell you that I've continued to make decent progress and I do expect to finish it sometime this year. Yes it will be a close call but I reckon I'll get there by Christmas, especially because I'll be retaining around 0.5g of product to re-press into an eyeshadow pan that I'll keep in my Franken-palette of popular shades for future comparison swatches.

It's a long road ahead, but we're getting somewhere. I'm mainly using this on the collarbones, mixed in with one of the blushes I'm panning to warm it up a bit because it's too frosty on me. 


Next, my Maybelline lipstick in 555 Naked Coral. I've used around half of the product in one month so I do expect to finish it by the end of June. I also need to review it in that time so stay tuned for that if you're interested.

This is my favourite budget formula for lipstick and while I do like these matte versions, I prefer the creamy ones because I have dry lips so that's always my preference. Still, I'm happy to use this every day and remove another item from my collection.


There's my marker sheet above. 

You'll note that I've done well with the Maybelline lipstick so far and you'll also see a sneak peek of the product I'm about to introduce (top right).


Next, my Mecca Cosmetica liquid highlighter. I'd intended to get halfway through this throughout May, but you'll see from my markers that I didn't quite get there - meaning I most likely won't finish it in June.

I've been using this every day either underneath my tinted moisturiser or mixed in with it. I haven't tried it yet for spot highlighting (I prefer powders for that) but I'll do that at some point so I can give it a proper review.


Yep, my BareMinerals concealer is still going, although I suspect that I now have just over two weeks left of the product. It depends on how many days I'm using it as a mixer for the Chantecaille (below) and also on how many days I'm able to use it as a foundation.

Yes I love this concealer, but this one is turning into one of those products that just doesn't want to die! I'll get there this month. Looking forward.


Next up, my J One primer and RCMA setting powder.

The primer is lasting me forever although that's partly because I don't use it on weekends or on days when we're going out and I want to use something else. At this rate we'll be here 'till Christmas, so I might start using it further down the neck as well. Reason being, I want to see what it can do in terms of firming those soft neck lines I'm starting to get (damn ageing). We'll see.

As for the setting powder, it's been in rotation for two months and I wasn't able to mark it last month because the powder had settled itself 'upwards' so it looked like I hadn't used any - meaning that the marker you're seeing now represents two months' use. There's enough time left in the year for me to finish this by Christmas, which will be my aim.


Last up, my Skinstitut mask and Chantecaille tinted moisturiser.

I haven't marked the mask again because I appear to not have used any this month, which isn't true (I've used it at least once a week) so perhaps I mucked up last month's marker. Who knows. I would like to finish this within the next two months so I'll start using it more often now - which I can do because there aren't any other masks on my list anymore and I can safely use this a few times a week.

The Chantecaille also appears to have had less than average usage this month (going by the spaces between my markers), although perhaps that's because the tube gets wider towards the bottom. Either that or I've been using my BareMinerals concealer as foundation so much that this hasn't had quite as much use. I expect it to be gone by the end of June.

Now for my replacement:


Just the one for now. This is my NYX Turnt Up! Lipstick in Free Spirit. This came in a Priceline goodies bag, and while I like the colour, I don't often wear bright orange so I've already started using it to slightly brighten the Maybelline lipstick I'm panning.

It contains a small 2.5g of product so it shouldn't take too long to pan in theory, although I only use a little each time so it could be on my list for a while. We'll see.

In sum

That's all from me. I hope you enjoyed this post and that you're going well with your own panning projects.

Fingers crossed for me that I can get through more products this month: I have my updated makeup inventory coming up at the end of June, so it would be great to knock out a few more things before then!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.