Project Dent 2018 update: Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Obscura

/
0 Comments

We're all still sick in this house and I've got a lot of work on at the moment, so I expect it will be a pretty slow blogging weekend and that's ok. There's nothing wrong with slowing some parts of your life down occasionally when you need to.

Lucky for me, I've got this round of Project Dent to wind-up today and I also need to introduce my next two products for Project Dent asap, and since these posts tend to take a lot less time and effort than my others ones do, this can only be a good thing.


While I mentioned in my Project Dent intro post for this product (see that post here) that I wasn't planning to review either Obscura or Exposure because Hourglass has discontinued this line of palettes, I may yet review them because they're still available from various retailers.

That day is not today, though. Unless a miracle happens and this fog lifts from my head, any review posts will need to be saved for another time.

Worth noting now, however, is that I don't love this palette as much as I do Monochrome (the first one I bought), and I've noticed more issues with this one than I have with Monochrome. That is, I don't get fall-out with Monochrome but I can get it with the two shimmers in this one, and I also think it doesn't last as well on the eye as Monochrome does.

There's also the issue that this palette isn't as versatile as Monochrome because it has two dark browns and a cream as your mattes and nothing in between - and I'm not the first person to have noted that the two dark shades are too similar. One of them should have been switched out for a medium matte brown that you can use as a transition shade or through the crease.

Moving on.


So, here's how my palette looked two weeks ago, when I introduced it to Project Dent:


And here's how it looks now, after two weeks' daily use:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Obscura as it was two weeks ago:


And today: 


Now unfortunately this is one of those situations where the photos don't tell the full story. Indeed, there's a much bigger dip in the top right-hand corner of the brown shimmer (far right) in 'real life' than there is in the above photo.

The same applies to the paler shimmer down the middle of the pan: I've got a decent dent happening towards the bottom of that shade, and while you can see some difference in the before and after shots, the photos don't really show what I can see in the palette before me.

Also, although there are slight brush-marks in the two dark brown shades but nothing more, I have used a decent amount of the cream - and you should hopefully be able to note that I've worn down the bottom left-hand corner enough that you can no longer clearly see the ridge that used to be there.

Overall this has been an ok round of Project Dent but I'm definitely ready to move on to my next product. My aim tomorrow will be to bring two new products into circulation before we head too far into May, but I'll see how I go because I have a lot of work to do before the weekend is over.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.