Pan that Palette 2018: May update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my Pan that Palette update for May 2018.

Please note that although I'm a few days late in getting this post up, I did take my photos on the 20th so they show one month's progress.

Also note that I had to remove my Clarins bronzer from my custom palette halfway through May because it had become unusable: my mini update explaining this is here if you're interested.

And last month's update is here if you'd like to see that.


Let's start with my custom palette.

Here's how it looked at the end of April:


Here are the four shades I replaced the bronzer with (they're from Doucce):


And here's how it's looking now:


As always, let's work in sections.

Left side, as it was last month:


And now:


Aside from the removal of the Clarins bronzer, the big changes on this side of the palette are the huge chunk of pan that's appeared in one of those Marsk loose powders that I'd pressed (middle left) and my remaining highlighter from theBalm.

Of those Marsk powders, one of them all but crumbled into oblivion and while I rescued what I could, there isn't much left. The other two Marsk shades below it are now showing a little bit of pan each, although admittedly it's not easy to see. I use these shades every day during my makeup 'play time' in the evening: unfortunately it's the only time I can use them because they don't last on the eye and I wind up with fallout everywhere.

TheBalm powder I've been using as a body highlighter so that's why it's showing so much progress (and remember we went up to sunny QLD during the last month, so I had more body skin exposed).

As for the other shadows on this side of the palette, we can talk about them in future when I've done something significant with them!


Above is how the top right-hand side of my palette looked last month.

Below is how it's looking now:


I've mostly used the orange Stila shade and also the purple Nars one in this section of the palette, and I don't expect either of those to last much longer.

As for my the other powders, they've all been used but not enough to show decent progress.

Bottom right side of the palette, as it was last month:


And now:


The only shadows that appear to be moving at all on this side are Ardency Inn Disco and Rose Gold (both bottom right).

I use these often in playtime, and although I thought I would be done with Rose Gold this month, as you can see it's still hanging in there so it will last a little longer.

I've barely touched the other shadows in this section of the palette, and I don't expect to until I've moved out more shades.


Hourglass now. 

This blush palette continues to be the item I'm most enjoying panning and I'm yet to get sick of it. This certainly makes me think that I should continue to pan some of my older Hourglass powders when I have room to do so.

Here's how my palette looked last month:


 And here's how it's looking now:


As you can see, I've finally finished Mood Exposure. Huzzah! I was using the pearl (Mood Light) portions of this blush as my setting powder and the plum pigment in my everyday eye looks, which is why it's the first to go.

While Incandescent Electra (my favourite shade) isn't showing much progress this month, I'm finally starting to get somewhere with Luminous Flush. I use Incandescent Electra as my blush (hence the slow progress) and I use Luminous Flush mixed in with the highlighter I'm panning and also on the eyes.

It will take some time, but I know I can get through this palette in 2018.


Last up, my Burberry quad. I must say that this one's killing me and I'm not enjoying using it, but I am getting somewhere so I don't want to retire it when I know I can finish it (especially because I'm not panning the one good shadow in the palette, being the dusty rose).

Here's now it looked last month:


And here's how it's looking now:


You can see that I've made some decent progress in all three shades that I'm panning from this, and I expect the palest shade to be gone next month. 

I'm using the light brown and the green to mix with other shadows (they don't work for me on their own), and I'm also using the green mixed in with the brown to get my perfect brow colour (because the green is a muddy grey in practice so it lightens and cools down the brown).

Meh. Over this. Not giving up yet, though.

In sum

That's all from me!

I must apologise for the rushed nature of this post and also the fact that it's a few days late. I've had a lot of work on this week and we've all been sick for the past fortnight so life hasn't been easy.

Still, there's plenty of panning happening despite everything so that's good, and I'm looking forward to doing my Project Pan update in the next few days.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.