Project Pan 2015: Update #1

/
0 Comments
Yay for reaching (nearly) the end of the month and my first update for Project Pan 2015. If you missed my initial post on what PP is and why/how I plan to do it, please see that post here.

I'm aiming to do an update around once a month, depending on whether I've managed to knock any products off the list by finishing them, and if I haven't then I might just see where each product on the list is at. If you're following this and would like more frequent updates, do let me know.

So! You may remember my PP list:

  • 2 x Erborian BB creams
  • Drww Mix & Match Set Vol 2 
  • Benefit's Coralista Blush (3g travel size)
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Loose Colour Concentrate in Twirl
  • Tonymoly Circle Lens Mascara
  • ModelCo Colourbox Eyeshadow in Tahiti
  • Sweetpea & Fay Liquid Lipstick in Papercut
  • 'Tini Beauty Eyetini Swizzle Stick Eyeliner in Cognac
  • Be a Bombshell Eyeshadow in Halo
  • Bodyography Oxyplex Pressed Complexion Powder in Amber


So the Be a Bombshell, Bodyography and 'Tini Beauty products are out! It's definitely been a good month in terms of getting through a few products.

The 'Tini eyeliner (which I was using as a brow pencil) broke yet again yesterday, so that's why I decided to write this post today - only a little was left and I was waiting for it to be finished before doing an update.

The Be a Bombshell eyeshadow crumbled to pieces last week - as I mentioned in my review of that product, it wasn't in great shape when I opened it. I certainly hadn't expected it to crumble to pieces however - without my even dropping it etc. So what I did with the dregs (which got too annoying to use) was add them to some body cream, which I used on my legs and arms, just for fun. 

Ach, my Bodyography powder. I'm sad to see the back of it, but I do have back-ups so it's nice to move on to a different product. In the end I got through this one quickly by using it not only as a face powder (mixed with a lighter Bodyography powder to get the right colour), but also as a bronzer and crease shadow.


As for the other products, you can see where I'm at with three of them above. There's no point photographing the others because you won't be able to see how much is left, but I've made some in-roads into all but the Erborian creams because I stopped using those so I could finish off another foundation, knowing that I could get through it reasonably quickly (it'll be in my next January empties post). I've promised myself to start using them again now!

Now, since I've knocked three products off, here are three new ones to take their places:


Mememe Cosmetics Seventh Heaven Enriched Moisturising Facebase


I love this product. Full review here. Problem is, I seem to have accrued a number of primers and I'm getting a little lazy when it comes to finishing one off before opening another (I keep switching between them). So as part of Project Pan this year, I'd like to get through at least three full primers.


I reckon I can have this one done in about a month - there's around a third of it left.


Lancome L'Absolu Nu in 201, Beige de Soie (1g mini)


This mini lipstick was hanging around at Mum's place and no one was going to use it, so I poached it - when you're posting on beauty products and you're on a spending ban, you gratefully take any free products that come your way so you have content!


I did question whether or not to include another lip product, since I've got so much of the Sweetpea & Fay lipstick to get through, but decided to include this because it's small and I'll use it up quickly, and also because the Sweetpea & Fay product is on its last legs (this was the product with damaged packaging that I wanted to use for a month or two before throwing the rest out).

I reckon I can finish this Lancome lipstick in a month or so, and I'll write a full review of it in that time.


Colour Theory Nail Polish in Tangerine Dream

Full review here. I love this nail polish and I'm about halfway through the bottle. I so rarely finish polishes before they go gluggy, that I thought I'd better use one for PP. 

I reckon I can get through this product in about a month too - although I'm 39 weeks pregnant so we'll see how much time I have for painting my nails shortly haha.

In sum

Not a bad start to Project Pan I'd say. I'm glad to have finished three products and I'd be super glad if I managed to finish off three each month! I guess that's the benefit of including items you know you can get through quickly - it helps keep the motivation going when it comes to those items you think you'll never see the back of.

I'll be back with an update by the end of February. If you're doing PP yourself, I'd love to hear how you're going : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.