Project Pan 2015: Update #5

/
0 Comments
It's been three weeks since my last Project Pan update, and as predicted, I've knocked off some of the items that were looking a bit sad. I've also made the decision to switch out a couple of the colour products, in part because I'm not going to finish them any time soon and in part because I've preferred to move a couple of other similar items into rotation.

(Note: to track my PP progress, click on the Project Pan tab at the bottom of this post and start at the beginning.)

The problem with Project Pan for me is that I haven't been a beauty junkie for all that long, plus I'm the kind of person who finds better homes for things I'm not using or alternative purposes for them so I can finish them prior to them going rancid. This means I don't own any makeup item that's more than two years old (and most are less than a year old), so none of eg my eyeshadows, blushes and bronzers are good choices for Project Pan because there's barely a dent in any of them.

Anyhoo. Let's start with my old PP list:
  • Coral Colours Eyebrow Definer Pencil in Dark Brown
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Top Coat
  • ModelCo Colourbox Eyeshadow in Tahiti
  • Strange Beautiful Nail Polish
  • Maybelline FitMe Pressed Powder
  • Benefit Boi-ing concealer
  • OCC Lip Tar in Cha Cha
  • theBalm Shelter Tinted Moisturiser in Medium and Light/Medium
  • theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer (switched out)
  • Be a Bombshell Blush in Glowing Goddess (switched out)
  • Mememe liquid illuminator
  • Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 03 Peche Cosy
  • Bodyography primer
  • Benefit They're Real! Push Up Liner

Here's what I've finished:


I knew the Bodyography primer and Mememe illuminator would be the next to go, and the Bourjois lipstick vanished quickly too because it's so creamy and transferred easily, so I re-applied it often. The Benefit eyeliner was one that I worked hard to finish by doing practice runs with it on afternoons when I wasn't leaving the house and had already done my errands, because I don't wear gel liners but I wanted to have a good play with this one prior to reviewing it. I also wanted to see whether I could find a way to love gel liners again, but I couldn't - at least, not this one.

As for the other products:


First, in case you were wondering: yes I do stick a pin into products so I know where the pan is! I like to get a better idea of how much product there is to get through ; ). It also helps me see how much I've used as the weeks pass.

The Maybelline powder is slow going but I'll get through it eventually. I think it will last at least another three months, but we'll see.

The Be a Bombshell blush is possibly the only blush I own that I have some chance of getting through in the space of a year, but I decided to move it out of circulation (at least for now) because I would like to make some inroads into a product I've used less than this one.


The Bahama Mama bronzer was a good one to include for a while at least because I hadn't been using it enough and I wanted to - it's a great product. Including it made me remember the value of bronzer and also forced me to give myself a crash course in contouring because it's the kind of shade you can use for both purposes. I'm moving it out of circulation because I'll never get through it and, at this point, I don't really want or need to (I haven't had it that long).

That damn ModelCo eyeshadow will outlive us all. My golly.


The Benefit concealer is lasting so much longer than expected. We're taking a short holiday in a couple of months and I'm hoping to take the last little bits away with me and turf the empty container there, but we'll see!

The OCC Lip Tar is one of those products that's in for the long haul, and there's just so much of it. If I get through it by the end of the year, I'll be surprised.

The Coral Colours pencil will no doubt be the next product to bite the dust. Soon enough it will be at the stage where it's too short to use easily, so I'll turf it then.

I haven't pictured the two nail polishes because it's not easy to see how much is gone from them, but there's not too much left of the red side of the Strange Beautiful polish, which is the only part of the duo I'll use, so that will be gone soon too.

As for theBalm Shelter products, I realised just after I'd moved them into circulation that I had a Bodyography tinted moisturiser I needed to get through first because it was older. So I haven't touched those and won't for at least a few weeks. Ooops! Hoh well.

Here's what I've moved onto the list:


I'll comment on each product in turn below. As always it took me far too long to decide which products to include!


Be a Bombshell Blush in Raspberry Tart

Full review here. Along with the Glowing Goddess colour, this is the oldest blush I own. But unlike the former product, I've barely used this one so I have no hope of finishing it any time soon. I wanted to include it (at least for a while) so I could get some use from it. Like Glowing Goddess, it's a shade I can use as an eyeshadow if I want so I'm not tied to using it on my cheeks every day. It's a nice colour and one that suits the cooler months, so I'm looking forward to giving it a workout.


Mellow Bronzer

Full review here. This is my newest cheek product so it's an odd inclusion for that reason, but it's quite sheer so I have to use quite a bit each time to get the colour to show. It's also a shade I can use as an eyeshadow and I might even be able to get away with it for contouring (and because it's sheer, it will be easier to use for that purpose), so again I'm not tied to using it on my cheeks every day. If I'm happy enough to keep using it, I might include it in my 'how long does it take to finish?' series of posts, but we'll see: I reckon it will last 'till the end of the year at least, and I don't fancy using a product every day for that long!


theBalm Time Balm Primer

Full review here. This is now my oldest primer so that's why it's been included. I somehow wound up with far too many primers, so there'll probably always be one on this list - at least this year. I don't know how long it will last because I'm not sure how much I've used. I do know that it takes around two months to finish a 15ml primer (see my test post here), so because this is a 30ml size, I'm predicting we won't see the back of it until at least the end of June.


So Susan Illuminator

Full review here. Even though this product is relatively new, the cheap-arse packaging has split open (you can't see it, but the mouth of the tube has burst open where the base meets the nozzle). This is the second of these tubes that has suffered that fate, so it must be a problem with the packaging. There's only 15ml of it and I lost quite a bit due to spillage from the broken nozzle, so I'm expecting to get through it reasonably quickly.


Emite Make Up Precision Eye Pencil in Spir

Full review here. I received this from Violet Box and because I've never owned a cream pencil and can see quite a few uses for it, I picked up a second via the VB Facebook Swap group. Since I now have two, I thought I'd include one here - and I'm also using it as a test product for my 'how long does it take to finish?' series of posts, so it was an obvious choice for Project Pan too.


The Cosmetic Kitchen Macadamia Wax Creme Highlighter

Full review here. I absolutely love this product, so much so that I picked up a second via the Lust Have It Facebook Swap group. Because it's a cream product, it's more likely to go off faster than one of my powder highlighters, so that's why I've included it here. Plus I love using it, so it's nice to include something on the list that I get a lot of pleasure from using, rather than just including things I want to finish.


'Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Eyeshadow + Base

I've included this product because it makes a good eyeshadow base and I'm so lazy when it comes to eye primers: I really need to use one more consistently to get more bang from my shadows. I've also included it so I'll finally review it! There's no way I'll finish this any time soon so it will be interesting to see how long I can stand to leave it on the list before switching it out.

In sum

That's it! The size of my list seems to sneak up a little each month, so there are now fifteen items in circulation. I expect to get through two of those reasonably quickly, but the others will be around for a while.

I'll check back in soon with an update : )




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.